Coopers Community

Diy Beer

ash

How good is it to site down with a non brewer,share a few home grown Diy Beers ( Pb2's Czech Pils in long necks }& watch the footy on a Saturday afternoon & then your mate say's .That is a very nice beer.Thanks

Well done Ash [happy]

It's amazing how good we can make the beer today compared to the garbage I used to make 25 years ago (white sugar brewed at 26 degrees)

It is very satisfying watching the apprehensive faces of your mates turn into relief and then pleasure. And then they race back for another glass.

I did a Irish Stout about 6 weeks ago bit dissapointed with the initial taste, low carbonation 1 drop per 750m bottle as reccomended. Did a James Square Amber Ale a Month back same problem with carbonation. Been bloody cold in Melbourne so put a 70 Watt globe in the cupboard where the brews are stored, left it for 2 weeks. Had the Brother in law over last Saturday popped a couple of both in the fridge, Man we could not get enough,great head and great on the mouth both the stout and the Ale. Mate called in later that arvo ended up drinking it strait from the cupboard. They and I were impressed, have to take it easy on consumption or will not have any left.

Barry

I've got a few good beer critics at work. It's a awesome feeling when they say they really enjoyed it and wanted another bottle.

A couple of other mates were that impressed they've started homebrewing as well.

Overall its great, we get to enjoy oour beers, that are tailored to our tastebuds and doing it at the fraction of regular beer prices.

It's a win, win.

Archived