Coopers Community

Toucan Stout+

I've had deliveries from them take 3-4 weeks to Sydney and I've had deliveries turn up within a week.

Unfortunately they are consistently in substandard boxes that are usually coming apart at the seams by the time they are delivered - The boxes probably work on a pallet but not for regular delivery as the cardboard is too thin. The cans often look as if they have been kicked around the Auspost car park. The contents of the cans are always top notch though [cool]

But you didn't ask any of this so just read my first sentence and ignore the rest [ninja]

thoughts on addition of hops?

I agree with Muddy. You especially don't need any battering additions.

And if you let it condition for a long period of time, then the hop aroma will have faded by then.

As for the FV, you could always start fermenting in the 60 litre and rack to the 30 when the krausen calms down. That only works if you aren't lazy [biggrin]

You especially don't need any battering additions.

What if he wants to make some beer battered chips? [lol]

I agree too, adding hops would be a waste of time in this brew, it's already bitter enough from the two kits and any aroma would be lost in all the malt profile.

I fermented mine in a 30 litre 'Brew Cellar' FV and it didn't escape from it. It did reach the lid but that was as far as it got. It's a more tall and thin shaped FV so I don't know if that makes any difference, there's usually a good half a foot or more between the top of the wort and the lid. [unsure]

You especially don't need any battering additions.

What if he wants to make some beer battered chips? [lol]

Just thinking of his health. And the fatty batter would be detrimental to the head of the beer.

My comment stands [biggrin]

ok ok ok....... I wont put in any hops, im like a kid with new toys and i was hoping to use them asap but I guess you lot are right if I do age this the flavour will all have gone.

however I do have all these ingredients on hand so i might do this in the other fv

GUINNESS* (Ferment 18-22C)

1.7Kg Thomas Coopers Irish Stout

1.0Kg Dextrose

1.0Kg Irish Stout Supplement

1 x Morgans Tea Bag Hops - Fuggles (I have loose pellets)

15g Brew Cellar English Ale Yeast (I have some S04)

two stouts should keep me going for a little bit the next toucan im thinking using the bitter and stout combo[devil] [devil] [devil]

Archived