Coopers Community

ANZAC Pale Ale V2.0

Hi gang brew

I have a shortage of easy drinking brews so quickly put this together and down on Saturday. Maybe a little too quickly....

1 x Coopers Australia Pale Ale

1.5 kg Light Dry Malt

15g Galaxy @ 20mins (used 500g of the LME with 5L water for 1.040)

100g Choc Malt (just for colour really)

20g Pacific Gem @20 mins

20g Pacific Gem @10 mins

Made to 23L

2 x Kit yeast

Will dry hop with 10g Pacific Gem once the krausen goes down

Brewing at 19 degrees.

Smells feckin amazing so far!

Will dry hop with 10g Pacific Gem once the krausen goes down

I envy you bastards with refined enough palates to taste 10g of anything in a dry hop. [crying]

I do a min 2g per litre these days.

Having said that, I've never tried Pacific Gem (except maybe in the SN Southern Hemisphere Harvest?), so who knows, maybe it's an in-your-face kind of hop.

Looks like a great recipe though mate. Interested to hear about it down the track.

checked my ANZAC ale 1.0 and I dry hopped with 10g of galaxy and 8g of nelson (bloody scales left me with 8g) and that beer was fantastic' date=' so will up it to 20g of Pacific Gem [happy']

Hurray! [happy]

EDIT: Forum police didn't like the other spelling of 'ho.oray!'

Philbo' date=' from your recommendation of the burner and stand I got myself a setup. I have them sitting in my garage at the moment, waiting to be cranked over the Easter weekend in my first attempt at an AG![/quote']

Way to go, Adam! Let us know how it turns out!

Philbo' date=' from your recommendation of the burner and stand I got myself a setup. I have them sitting in my garage at the moment, waiting to be cranked over the Easter weekend in my first attempt at an AG![/quote']

Good going mate. Be patient while she comes to the boil, it takes a bit, but it goes off once started. [lol]

Archived