Coopers Community

Magnum dryhop

LordEoin

I posted this on some other thread that disappeared recently, but drinking one now and it's very tasty...

I remember having this discusion with someone at some point, that magnum is not a good hop for dry-hopping, and best as a go-to bittering hop.

But it can be quite nicedry hopped...

"Sweet Mag-Non-Blonde"

The recipe I used was :

Canadian Blonde Kit

500g LDME

300g carapils

250g dex

kit yeast

40g magnum dryhop

End result tastes like a more 'beery' version of Mexican Cerveza.

A very nice drop that I'd imagine would be perfect for the aftermath of lots of BBQd meat as the sun goes down.[happy]

I haven't tried dry hopping Magnum but I have used it a couple of times before. I have recently started experiments again with this hops (My last 2 brews have bitter with magnum). I have around 100g of Magnum that I am planning to play around with for my summer time Pale Ales.

Adam, SN Torpedo is a GREAT beer. It's one of the nicest AIPA's that I have sampled![cool] I have a recipe formulated and plan to try somtehting like it in the coming brews

Adam, SN Torpedo is a GREAT beer. It's one of the nicest AIPA's that I have sampled![cool] I have a recipe formulated and plan to try somtehting like it in the coming brews

Same Chad, once I have my burner so I get the IBUS'. I had a thougth to not try to replicate, but use some ideas from that along with your oak chips method [happy] But I also have some Pacific Gem which apparently give a cask oak flavour [unsure]

SN Torpedo is a GREAT beer. It's one of the nicest AIPA's that I have sampled![cool] I have a recipe formulated and plan to try somtehting like it in the coming brews

[crying] I have tried one, and I fear that it must have lost something in it's shipping/handling since leaving the US.

All I could taste was lots of bitterness and an unpleasant 'hot' alcohol flavour, with little to no hop character. After reading all of the STELLAR reviews this beer has been getting, I knew I must've had some bad luck with it, so I will have to keep trying one whenever I see it. [crying]

SN Torpedo is a GREAT beer. It's one of the nicest AIPA's that I have sampled![cool] I have a recipe formulated and plan to try somtehting like it in the coming brews

[crying] I have tried one, and I fear that it must have lost something in it's shipping/handling since leaving the US.

All I could taste was lots of bitterness and an unpleasant 'hot' alcohol flavour, with little to no hop character. After reading all of the STELLAR reviews this beer has been getting, I knew I must've had some bad luck with it, so I will have to keep trying one whenever I see it. [crying]

My first one tasted exactly the same Phil and I thought it ws a bit 'rough'.

Now I'm not sure it was a bad one or whether my tastes have changed but I tried another one over Christmas and it was very nice. Give it anther go.

Archived