Coopers Community

Coopers Australian Pale Ale - with Honey

I love it when you Aussie's have a maritial fight' date=' makes good reading. Ben, if you want to do a goood Honey Ale, just google The White House Honey Ale and you will find a good recipe for one, yes it actually is a Barack Obama and kitchen staff recipe, I cant comment yet on how good it is, mine was only bottled 2 weeks ago, but promises to be a good ale judging by how good the wort tasted. Keep on experimenting, you are the only judge on the end product. If you want to put honey in a pale ale , do it, im pretty sure that the guy that put an oily hop flower in a brew was scorned apon too. [/quote']

heya Dave let us know how that ale went when you taste it?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez, there must have been a few kegs that bit the dust last night!!

I bet if you ladies just happened to meet up at the bar you would all get on famously, Why the fcuk cant you do it here?

Most of us have some shet in our lives and some more than others, so why bring it in to the part of our life that we go to to esape the shet???

Lets start again please, especially with so many good new blokes who have arrived here since getting a coopers DIY kit for xmas, we want them to stay dont we?

From now on, when we log on, we leave ego's, arragance and prejudise behind and and bring tolorance and respect. when anyone posts something as fact, make fcuking sure it is. The penalty, if proven wrong, will be to change your username to "muppet" for a period no shorter than one week. That should help reduce the bullshet?

Lastly no calling Yob names, cos he dosnt like it and i dont fcuking blame him.

Peace guys please and a fresh start. Big men apologise but real men accept it, i think most here are real men.

BTW Bill i agree about the general chat section. Look at the "about ourselves" thread from a few weeks ago, if you havent already, i think its sort or what you were talking about.

I agree with pretty much all of that except the 'muppet' reference. I am a big muppet fan and I find it offensive to put them in the same category as those you mentioned.

These muppets you refer to are not idiots. They are able to run a weekly show in a theatre (although often shambolically) and the audience and celebrities keep returning. Just think of the logistics of running that show, I doubt anyone on this forum could pull that off.

I think it is time the world puts away its prejudice towards muppets and accepts them for who/what they really are [rightful]

Sorry for the rant but someone needs to stick up for the poor little guys [biggrin]

I tell u what this forum is still better than reading the paper click on a thread and anything can happen. There is obviously some sort of fight for the top of the food chain around here.

Not even sure why im saying anything i dont regularly post on this forum for that reason as non regulars are discriminated against for saying something not seen as factual by another. Also because cannot post from my smartphone and dont get on a comp much [devil]

I realise that you feel u have to work hard to get your spot back bill even though you do say and think its already yours. You decided to leave caus it was shitting you now your comming back and trying to shit on other people but then say it was not your intention and the whole u dont know me routine like a big american mumma [biggrin]

Also i really like muppets and reading about them [lol]

I agree with pretty much all of that except the 'muppet' reference. I am a big muppet fan and I find it offensive to put them in the same category as those you mentioned.

These muppets you refer to are not idiots. They are able to run a weekly show in a theatre (although often shambolically) and the audience and celebrities keep returning. Just think of the logistics of running that show, I doubt anyone on this forum could pull that off.

I think it is time the world puts away its prejudice towards muppets and accepts them for who/what they really are [rightful]

Sorry for the rant but someone needs to stick up for the poor little guys [biggrin]

Well about time someone stuck up for me...its lonely up here in this balcony[lol]

Well about time someone stuck up for me...its lonely up here in this balcony[lol]

I think I would be the other nutter up there with you Ned!!! [biggrin]

Also i really like muppets and reading about them [lol]

My sincerest apologies to any muppet, living or dead who may or may not have been offended by parts of my previous post. i hereby wish to retract those comments forthwith.

For the sake of all muppets and muppet lovers who frequent this forum, an alternate name must be found.

I propose a new competion along the same lines and rules as the recent "polish a turd" competion and as Hairy was the winner of the that comp, i invite him to submit the first entry.

PS, to any muppet who may wish to sue me over recent comments, good luck because i have SFA[biggrin]

I realise that you feel u have to work hard to get your spot back bill even though you do say and think its already yours. You decided to leave caus it was shitting you now your comming back and trying to ****on other people but then say it was not your intention and the whole u dont know me routine like a big american mumma [biggrin]

Nah mate, that's not entirely correct. If you read back through the posts properly, all I did was corrected the "FACTS" about using honey then I got ridiculed and shot at. Of course one will get defensive when this happens regardless of what we are talking about.

I agree I had a few beers yesterday and as a result I had a look around here to see what was happening, maybe I should have stayed away. Nevertheless, that wasn't so.

For the record, I am not trying to get my so called "spot" back in the pecking order and this never entered my mind whatsoever and I actually never thought of a pecking order previously when I were here either. Crap all gets flushed away in the end so I have nothing to prove.

...and for the record, I am glad this place has a few new faces, lord knows it needed it.

Are you blokes for real [biggrin] .

Muppets and fictional characters on a brewing forum, everyone can see that this whole thing has parallels to Harry Potter [lol] .

Those brewing wizards in training who side with "YKW" will end up in the bottomless pit (up to their necks in Trub), I just hope that the Coopers Guild doesn't end up as the bottomless pit.

Continuos trolling after 21:30 by "YKW" will initiate retaliation from Harry Potter and the good guys but eventually they will all seek refuge the palce where "YKW" fears to tread (AKA AHB).

Something to think about [rightful] .

And to get back on topic, I just put down a Canadian Honey Blonde, batch #43 after 1/2 dozen extract only brews. Now even though I consider myself competent I reckon this will be the first (maybe second if you count my first kegged effort naturally primed Irish Red) stuff up.

To pasteurise or not to pasteurise was the question. I looked at some advice and chose not too. It's in the keg and I hope it ends up tasting way better than the hydro sample [crying].

Perhaps we should get a keg installed...!!!

oh im all for that idea Wal

So you guys are on the balcony. Wal, you have to be Waldorf (obviously) so Ned, that makes you Statler.

Ned, I'm sure you will have no trouble with the wise cracks [biggrin]

BillK or Obelix or Keezer or Beer God or whatever you want to be called, you seem to believe that home brewing beer is a life or death thing. It may well be to you, but to many of us here on this forum, it\u2019s simply a fun hobby.

After a period of absence from the forum, your first post back insults 2 people, & offers almost nothing of any substance to help the topic starters\u2019 question(s).

Most people on a forum don\u2019t ask questions because they want finality. They are hoping for a variety of differing responses & options so that they can draw their own conclusions & set that path for themselves. I understand this & am quite happy to be part of that mix of options even if what I have stated is not 100% accurate all the time. My responses are as honest as I can be from my position, are also purely in the spirit of wanting the best possible outcome for the person asking the question, & come with no malice attached.

In my time on the forum I too have followed various offerings of advice of which I can happily say most of, has helped to improve my beer. There are of course some which proved to be a contradiction to the advice or suggestions made at the time. Did I hop on the forum & abuse, insult, denigrate, humiliate, or attempt to discredit the person who offered the advice in any way? No. Because I know that whatever the advice was, it was given in the spirit of wanting me to achieve the best possible outcome, & when it comes down to it, it was my choice to follow it. Nothing positive ever comes from insulting people.

We\u2019re grown adults on this forum, not children. At the end of the day we\u2019ll make our own minds up about what is best for our situations, & what we should or shouldn't do.

CC

[innocent] Hi guys,

for my next batch, I was thinking about making a Coopers Australian Pale Ale - with some honey.

I have the Pale Ale mix, I have the BE2, and I've seen other similar posts where it was recommended to reduce the sugar, dex or BE to accommodate the honey.

Hey BenH72, thanks for initiating this discussion, i think i'm with Yob on this and cant imagine my APA with a honey undertone in the flavour, but its difinately something i'll bne considering in my next Ginger Beer.

I might try Chads after that.

I tried a mate's pale ale with honey used for priming, but my taste buds being what they are, I couldn't taste the 'subtle undertones' he was talking about.

If an ingredient doesn't smack me in the face and give me a wedgie while stealing my lunch money, I may as well not use it. I wish I could enjoy subtlety but it's AIPA and pork vindaloo all the friggin' way for me. [lol] [roll]

[innocent] Hi guys,

for my next batch, I was thinking about making a Coopers Australian Pale Ale - with some honey.

I have the Pale Ale mix, I have the BE2, and I've seen other similar posts where it was recommended to reduce the sugar, dex or BE to accommodate the honey.

Hey BenH72, thanks for initiating this discussion, i think i'm with Yob on this and cant imagine my APA with a honey undertone in the flavour, but its difinately something i'll bne considering in my next Ginger Beer.

I might try Chads after that.

yes chads is a must do after i come home i reckon [biggrin]

So you guys are on the balcony. Wal, you have to be Waldorf (obviously) so Ned, that makes you Statler.

Hairy, whilst I don't know much about you, your knowledge of the muppets is astounding, and in a funny kind of way ... maybe a little disturbing!!![biggrin] But I like it.[bandit]

I would be happy to sit on the balcony with Ned and keep the beer aflowing to fuel his wise cracks!!! I reckon we would have a ball.[cool] [crying] [innocent]

Hairy, whilst I don't know much about you, your knowledge of the muppets is astounding, and in a funny kind of way ... maybe a little disturbing!!![biggrin] But I like it.[bandit]

I would be happy to sit on the balcony with Ned and keep the beer aflowing to fuel his wise cracks!!! I reckon we would have a ball.[cool] [crying] [innocent]

haha yes we would Wal...[lol] [lol]

Archived