Coopers Community

Coopers Australian Pale Ale - with Honey

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[annoyed]

Thanks to those of you that decided to fcuk up a perfectly reasonable thread about making APA with honey.

I'm quite capable of brewing my own beer without negative input, contradiction and nay saying.

I'm also quite capable of being depressed, anxious, uptight, and generally frustrated without even turning my PC on, much less logging into this forum.

Amazing that I put up half a dozen posts or so, generally sticking to the topic, yet some wanted to argue, contradict the advice of others, and make assertions and assumptions based on opinion with nothing to back them up.

Thankfully I've pretty well got my siht together these days, but in times past such banter - which I have to feel was at least partially directed to me since I started the thread - would have led to me slashing my wrists or worse.

You should ALL have a good think about what you post, the consequences of what you have to say, and your attitudes.

As I've said before this is supposed to be a forum for people who share a common interst of making home brew beer; nothing more complex or political than that.

If you can't leave your ego, attitude and opinions out of it, you should have a good hard look at yourselves, and decide why you bother going on here.

Quite frankly, the sort of goings on I've seen in this thread are the sort of thing that should earn you a detention, it's nothing short of schoolyard bullying, and since we're all supposed to be old enough to drink, vote, drive, and whatever, we should all be a bit more mature than that.

I have no idea whether I'll post or even sign into the forum again after this absolute dogs breakfast of a discussion, but I hope if I do, those that take the sort of attitude I've mentioned will keep away from me, or at least show me and others some respect.

Otherwise you may find yourselves refused access to the forum; I have no hesitation in taking any further incidents of concern to the moderators, or whoever else would be responsible for taking such action.

So consider yourselves on notice.

And if you don't like it, either don't log on, or don't give me grief! [devil]

[annoyed]

Thanks to those of you that decided to fcuk up a perfectly reasonable thread about making APA with honey.

I'm quite capable of brewing my own beer without negative input, contradiction and nay saying.

I'm also quite capable of being depressed, anxious, uptight, and generally frustrated without even turning my PC on, much less logging into this forum.

Amazing that I put up half a dozen posts or so, generally sticking to the topic, yet some wanted to argue, contradict the advice of others, and make assertions and assumptions based on opinion with nothing to back them up.

Thankfully I've pretty well got my siht together these days, but in times past such banter - which I have to feel was at least partially directed to me since I started the thread - would have led to me slashing my wrists or worse.

You should ALL have a good think about what you post, the consequences of what you have to say, and your attitudes.

As I've said before this is supposed to be a forum for people who share a common interst of making home brew beer; nothing more complex or political than that.

If you can't leave your ego, attitude and opinions out of it, you should have a good hard look at yourselves, and decide why you bother going on here.

Quite frankly, the sort of goings on I've seen in this thread are the sort of thing that should earn you a detention, it's nothing short of schoolyard bullying, and since we're all supposed to be old enough to drink, vote, drive, and whatever, we should all be a bit more mature than that.

I have no idea whether I'll post or even sign into the forum again after this absolute dogs breakfast of a discussion, but I hope if I do, those that take the sort of attitude I've mentioned will keep away from me, or at least show me and others some respect.

Otherwise you may find yourselves refused access to the forum; I have no hesitation in taking any further incidents of concern to the moderators, or whoever else would be responsible for taking such action.

So consider yourselves on notice.

And if you don't like it, either don't log on, or don't give me grief! [devil]

Might be abit easier if you dont log on.....the rest of the post im not even going to try and answer that....chill out mate.And to be honest i spent all the time in detention im ever going to...pass that on to whoever you think it may interest. i truly think youve taken alot of posts in here the wrong way??Anyway i have enougfh of my own worries thanks....

Stick around mate. If you read through past threads you will find that people are generally helpful and there have only been a few occasions where things have blown up like this thread. It was unfortunate you ended up in the crossfire but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Also if you want to put honey in any beer then go for it. The worst that can happen is your beer will taste like crap and you will have to do another. It may also turn out great.

I have never brewed with honey so I can't offer any advice. I don't mind a honey ale every now and then but I don't want 23 litres of the stuff.

Just don't get too upset if threads don't totally stay on topic. Due to the nature of conversations the threads can sometimes head down different paths, but those paths are usually educational or humorous.

Ben, sorry about all those muppets hijacking your thread....hang on...I'm one of those muppets....[innocent]

I do apologise for my contribution to taking this thread off topic, even though I did enjoy the banter at the time [bandit] . I don't know much about brewing with honey either. In fact I don't know much about anything. Hang in there, make some good beer and tell us how it turns out.

Stay the course Ben. Whether I agree or disagree with what was discussed on this post, I'm saddened that a new member would be put off straight away. After trawling through other forums beer and non-beer related I can honestly say that this stuff happens everywhere. It's just like life really. If you can grit your teeth and make it through the challenging bits, the rewarding moments will be totally worth it.

Whatever your decision, I wish you all the best mate.

Archived