Coopers Community

IPA recipe thread

DylanI

You guys are hurting my brain[crying] ! The last time I checked 1.7kg x 2 = 3.4kg...[rightful] Am I missing part of the problem!

I think originally they were talking bout the total malt additions... 2 x 1.7kg cans plus the 1kg LDME

and 2 + 2 = 5

Yeah, we're just getting tied up as to whether the addition of some crystal adds anything (useful) when there is alrready 2x cans (that are 1.7kg, not 1.2kg)...

Anyway, amongst the biffo, I've got some good points out here. I'm dropping my carapils (this will only increase FG), reducing my crystal (although I'm keeping some), and upping the dextrose.

Thanks

-Dyl

Anyway' date=' amongst the biffo, I've got some good points out here. I'm dropping my carapils (this will only increase FG), reducing my crystal (although I'm keeping some), and upping the dextrose.[/quote']

That sounds good. Your brew will have plenty of body without the Carapils.

And I wouldn't really call it 'biffo'; I think it is more like 'pot shots' [biggrin]

Anyway' date=' amongst the biffo, I've got some good points out here. I'm dropping my carapils (this will only increase FG), reducing my crystal (although I'm keeping some), and upping the dextrose.[/quote']

That sounds good. Your brew will have plenty of body without the Carapils.

And I wouldn't really call it 'biffo'; I think it is more like 'pot shots' [biggrin]

I call it "three passionate beer geeks having a healthy discussion". Or a "bitch-fight", same thing [lol]

I call it "three passionate beer geeks having a healthy discussion". Or a "****-fight"' date=' same thing[/quote']

Ha ha, how did I get involved? [biggrin]

I'm a conflict avoider so I was just giving my opinion, of which I have many.

You know what they say, opinions are like a@#holes. I must be an opinion then [innocent]

I'll meet you guys there! I'll buy all the rounds and we can take turns pointing out how valid each others opinions are' date=' and what great senses of humor we all have![happy']

Philbo, you and Chad make excellent points and I agree wholeheartedly [biggrin]

• 2 weeks later...
I'm just bout to bottle this drop tonight

"Thankyou Come Again"

1 Can Draught

1 Can Pale Ale

1kg LDME

300g Dex

1 kit yeast (as nutrient)

30g Williamette 10min

30g Cascade F/O

30g Nelson Sauvin F/O