Coopers Community

Carbonation Drops

PaulPablo

Hi there

On the 18th ive bottled my first brew (Mexican Cerveza)and I bottled it in the Coopers bottles I got with the kit.

Ive tried one last night just to see how it would be on the first week,but I found it a little on the low side.

Ive added 2 drop per bottle,but ive measured the bottles and it come to roughly 900ml..Should Ive added 2.5 drops rather or wil the carbonation get more with time or are the Cervezas light in carbonation..Corona not really a gassy beer..

Not sure if the kit is different in SA but the kits here come with 740ml bottles.

2 carb drops are plenty in these size bottles (I actually find it a little too fizzy).

Anyway, 1 week is too early to test the carbonation in the bottle and definitely too early to form a conclusion. Give it another 1-2 weeks and see what it is like then.

What temperature are you storing them at?

15 degrees is ok and it will carb. It just may take an extra week or so at that temp.

That is a strange bottle size, perhaps PB2 can clarify further.

If that is the case you may want to look into bulk priming or adding measured sugar to each bottle. That way you can control the carbonation and change it for different styles of beer.

Treading about Carb drops brewers ,i can pour a beer & it could look a little flatish then 5min later it looks like its going to explode,is it the Carb drops or am i doing something wrong in my bottling procses.{Couple of new words their or could be just bad spelin } [bandit] [bandit]

I'm not terribly impressed witeh the Carb drops, I have some beers that are like a spa bath and others that are only just getting across the line. I must admit I like a real bubbly beer so a new method may need to be adopted my way. Just bought some Coopers PET bottles and bottled my Lager into them using 2 drops. Fingers crossed!

Yesterday I bottled a Canadian Blonde and bulk primed in the FV

I thought this would be a good test since it is such a light colored beer it would be easy to see if I stirred up the trub.

I gently poured,and stirred and waited 30 minutes before bottling.

I could not see any difference. I will let you know in about a month.

Archived