Coopers Community

Recipies

JarrodN

Hi I have a can of TC Draught, Coopers pale and Coopers Real Ale and want to spice these up a little. I also bought some fuggles, centennial and cascade hops.

Does anyone have any good recipes with these ingredients I can try?

The Pale Ale goes well with centennial and/or cascade. Dry hop, steep, or boil. depending on how you wish to "spice it up", ie Bitter, Flavour or Aroma.

With this weather I am thinking Real Ale, some dark malt and Fuggles for an English style Ale...

Draught and a kilo of malt (dark or light) made to 20 litres, dry hopped with 25 grams of cascade is interesting - well balanced with a great flowery nose.

The Pale Ale goes well with centennial and/or cascade. Dry hop' date=' steep, or boil. depending on how you wish to "spice it up", ie Bitter, Flavour or Aroma.[/quote']

?????? How do I know how much to add and at what boil times I just want to make it taste a bit more like coopers pale.

Does anyone know a good site that talks about hops and all the different techniques?

The biggest step you can make to getting something close to a Coopers Pale Ale is using a recultured Coopers yeast witht the Pale Ale kit. No extra hops are required.

However if you want to steer in another direction taste wise you may need some hops.

I just want to make it taste a bit more like coopers pale.

Surely you mean better than...

Does anyone know a good site that talks about hops and all the different techniques?

John Palmer - How to Brew

HERE

is a good start.

As Muddy says, just the kit, recultured CPA yeast at low temp will get you close.

Also, dry hopping with 20-25grams of the cascade will add a nice flowery, citrusy aroma

Brew both the pale ale and the real ale the same way using the same amount of cascade hops, say 15-20gms in a steep or a 5-10 min boil for a good experiment to see how the hop and malt flovours combine. Just remember to use the same yeast IE: US05.

Thanks Jason I went with 20g cascade for 20 mins with the kit yeast in the boil and added an extra 250g LDM and nottingham yeast smells really good my best one yet I think, it's been on for 5 days and down to 1014 and tastes good [biggrin] .

Side note: is it too soon to rack after 6-7 days as people talk about their wort finishing fermenting but leave it another week what is the advantage of this? Wont it still age in the keg?

It also lets the yeast settle out more. I let it do this till it clears to a slight haze,then dry hop one week. Or rack to bottling bucket with priming sugar solution & bottle.

I've got a rather ghetto system I put together from things around the house & the LHBS. I can sit down,no reaching or stretching. Goes faster,& is easier on my back & joints. I need to make a video of it soon.

We've got 2 fermenters, & a bottling bucket I put together that can be for bottling,secondary,or fermenter. Takes up less space that way,& they all can handle up to 6.5 Gallons,or 24.6L. And I should've expressed the fact that I can sit down while bottling with my ghetto set up.

It's furniture,& various other things normally. But a bottling station when necessary. I also use my old,large printer stand as a brew station. Everything in one place,bottles & all. I just need paint,posters/neon,french doors & A/C. Then my man cave will be a bit more complete.

Anyway,I want to shoot a video the next time I bottle so I can show evetone that "everything works if ya let it"!

Leonard, no man cave is complete whithout a Ghetto blaster[biggrin]

You might need all the comfort you can get next winter, I believe it gets pretty cold there.

What is your street name and number in the village, have been looking you up on Google Map

You can check out my location its 22 sunshine st manly vale sydney

Weggl

We've got 2 fermenters' date=' & a bottling bucket I put together that can be for bottling,secondary,or fermenter. Takes up less space that way,& they all can handle up to 6.5 Gallons,or 24.6L. And I should've expressed the fact that [i']I can sit down while bottling[/i] with my ghetto set up.

It's furniture,& various other things normally. But a bottling station when necessary. I also use my old,large printer stand as a brew station. Everything in one place,bottles & all. I just need paint,posters/neon,french doors & A/C. Then my man cave will be a bit more complete.

Anyway,I want to shoot a video the next time I bottle so I can show evetone that "everything works if ya let it"!

And a beer wench of course

Archived