Coopers Community

Coopers Merchandise

Hi All,

Just thought I would introduce myself, I'm Matt and I'm the Retail Manager for the Coopers General Store. I look after all the merchandise that the Brewery has for sale.

If you have any questions or comments please drop me a line and I'll try my best to answer them.

cheers,

Matt

• 2 months later...

The Coopers General store at Adelaide airport?

I dropped in there last night, membership card in hand ready to pick up some homebrew stuff and was disappointed to discover there is none. I realise that space is an issue but there is very little on display about homebrewing. just an abundance of (overpriced IMO) clothing items.

I joined this club when it had 2 parts, the general club and the HB club which has since merged into the one. Had hoped my 10% discount could be used for HB products but tis not the case....

There are some good products tho, i am not writing this solely to gripe :D . you could kit out a home bar very nicely indeed and when i get one i may be visiting.......

Hi Dr Smurto,

I understand the frustration at not being able to purchase HomeBrew at the General Store. It's a frustration that I share, as nothing would make me happier than to sell HB through the store....let me explain the situation

Being a store inside the airport means we have to operate a little differently than a stand alone store. We signed a retail contract with Adelaide Airport Limited and must adhere to it in regards to items we sell and items that can be brought into a secure location. Unfortunately we are limited by our contract with AAL by what we can sell as a retail outlet and AAL have imposed some non negotiable restictions.

One of these restrictions is the sale of 'Foodstuffs' which in the broadest sense of the term unfortunately covers all Home Brew Cans, concentrates, malts, sugars etc. as well as the actual stubbies and cartons of beer. I can't even sell 2pks of stubbies or longnecks to people who want to take them back interstate or O/S - oh the humanity!

So the decsion was made at the setup of the store that (for the time being) we wouldn't be able to sell any of the Homebrew concentrates until AAL relaxes its restrictions. Our hands are tied on this, and as I said before, much to my frustration.

We do offer all the range on the online store and delivery around Oz has been streamlined to about a week and a half from the time the order is placed. You can use your member card to get the 10% discount on anything purchased from the online store as well.

Hope that clears up any confusion as to why we don't stock the Homebrew :)

cheers,

Matt

Shipping negates the discount so thats a moot point unless i order enough for several brews. Since i switch between coopers and other products this isnt viable.

As for the airport scenario - just another case why that joint (the whole airport, not your store...) is a bloody disgrace. Would like nothing more than to be able to pick up a 6 pack on the way interstate or overseas as i am sure you would love the coopers name in as many places as possible so i share your frustrations...... good luck with ALL in the future and until then i will keep giving the local HBS my business since they stock hops, speciality yeast etc which your online store doesn't (and yes, i understand why that wouldn't work!).

Cheers for the clarification Matt

DrSmurto

• 3 years later...

I thought I read Matty say he picked up a new plastic hydrometer from his LHBS on the other thread about this topic?? Paul also stated Coopers' position on the availability of the new hydrometers.

Maybe the rubber flooring (mats) may be an option in your brewing area[rightful]

• 4 weeks later...

[rightful] That's a bit harsh Warren (Even with the smiley face at the end). Comments like that will never get you on the Coopers Board [rightful]

The Coopers store is a fine institution and deserves our support. I know I've had the odd whinge about delivery prices but I only complain out of love [love]

Where is Deb? She should introduce herself. Is she game enough to face you unruly lot? Mat could not stand the pressure so he split. PB2 called it "he's move no". No wonder concidering all the winging you lot have given him over his store. Poor chap.[love]

Your far too sharp Muddy, I apologies I had another dyslectic moment and typed a \u201cno\u201d instead of an \u201con\u201d.

I will try my best to do it again. If I fail I may well have to employ an expert typist so I can escape your critical eye.

If I fail I may well have to employ an expert typist so I can escape your critical eye.

I've had the misfortune of re-reading many of my posts before and I'm probably one the worst offenders when it comes to mixing up words, leaving out words altogether and generally just making no sense.

Having said that I have never called a lager a larger [tongue]

• 2 years later...

Archived