Coopers Community

Where do you keep your FVs?

Alex

I keep mine in the kitchen. Best constant temp in the house. Almost winter here in Ottawa, Canada and we can get temps as low as -45C.

Right now in Nov (with my heated floor) I keep them at 21C constant. Temp outside is about 0 to +2C

Just wondering where you keep yours?

I keep mine in the garage, but in a fridge with temp control. The ambient temp gets hot in summer and cold in winter (not Canada cold) but the fridge keeps it steady.

But when it isn't in use I keep it in my bed so I can cuddle up to it at night and tell it how much I love it [love]

That was a little bit weird, wasn't it? [innocent] I keep telling myself that I shouldn't share those types of stories. Those are between me and my FV.

I too keep one in my temp controlled fridge in the rear room of my house, for exactly the same reasons as Hairy does. I am about to begin experimenting with a form of external temp control of a FV in a spare room I was using before I got hold of the brew fridge. I'll know in a few weeks if what I have in mind will be viable or not.

But when it isn't in use I keep it in my bed so I can cuddle up to it at night and tell it how much I love it

That was a little bit weird, wasn't it? I keep telling myself that I shouldn't share those types of stories. Those are between me and my FV.

Don't worry Hairy, your secret is safe with me! [wink]

Beer.

I keep mine in fridges in the shed, i am fortunate to have 3 of them that are temp controlled (all "acquired" for the right price!! [innocent]). Fridge 1 can hold 2 FVs, Fridge 2 can hold one, so quite often I have 2 ales going and one lager. The 3rd one I use for keeping bottles in (it holds about 100 bottles) at 18-19c while they await going to the cold fridge.

Even though I take great care of them, I have never taken an FV to bed with me!!! [biggrin]

I keep mine in fridges in the shed' date=' i am fortunate to have 3 of them that are temp controlled...[/quote']

...and a quite few solar panels on the roof I'm guessing?! [whistling

Beer.

Nah... I spend too much on electricity to be able to afford solar panels!!! [lol]

It's not as bad as it sounds really, because they only need to get down to 18c or 12c for lagers. Even when I am in the shed on weekends they don't seem to run very much at all.

I just got my temp controller on Sunday, so mine's in there in my spare room. [love] [love] [love] [love] [love] [love] [love]

I was worried about power consumption when I got it, but the thing only needs to come on for a few mins every hour or so to keep it at 19* with barely any swing. I'm freakin' stoked! The fridge was free and the controller and all the bits to put it together were under $40.

Why the hell did I not do this sooner? [pinched]

I keep mine in the garage

The "garage"? Hey fellas, the "garage"! Well, ooh la di da, Mr. French Man.

I keep mine in a temp controlled fridge....in my car hole [bandit]

Doh! [pinched]

But if you say it like a bogan from Penrith it doesn't sound so fancy [innocent]

I keep mine in the garage. For some reason the outside temp doesn't seem to affect it that much. I still need to use my wet towel to cool it, but it works because it doesn't get that hot. It's a high set house though and the garage is underneath the house itself which may have something to do with it.

SHITE -45C..... wow brrrr c-c-c-c-colddd.. smiley_winter.gif

I keep my fridges in the Rumpus room.

Fridges to ferment in cost buggar all to run. Most of the time they are not actually on and are mainly used for their insulation qualities.

Fridges to ferment in cost buggar all to run. Most of the time they are not actually on and are mainly used for their insulation qualities.

You live in Tasmania Bill. Why did you even bother to buy the fridges? Just throw everything on the front lawn! [lol] [sideways] [tongue] [wink]

Beer. [biggrin]

You live in Tasmania Bill. Why did you even bother to buy the fridges? Just throw everything on the front lawn! [lol] [sideways] [tongue] [wink]

Beer. [biggrin]

C'mon Beer, its November, Bill needs the fridges so the heat belts are more effective. [wink]

I always forget that our season are reversed...lol.

Yeah winters are harsh here, but nothing poisonous in the cold! [cool]

Three FVs eh? I think I might buy a third!!![love]

When summer kicks in here I will be buying my self a fridge to regulate as the temps get as high as +40C with humidex. But summer is short only June to July, maybe August.

Archived