Coopers Community

Sanitize PET bottles in dishwasher

Mainiac

i gave the local newsagent a beer to taste,told him just give me the pet bot back clean so he put in it the dishwasher now it's a different shape & still dirty ,so i wouldn't try the diswasher at all

even if your dishwasher has a 'cool' cycle, because they work by basically firing soapy water at the dishes they won't be much good for cleaning the inside of the bottle.

you'd just end up with a clean outside and a grubby inside.

Sorry guys but I disagree. My cleansing cycle is 24hrs in sodium percarbonate. Rinse in dishwasher on 70* pots setting with intensive zone and hygiene mode activated. Hygiene mode is a high temp setting to sterilize baby bottles etc. they done melt or deform. And end up squeaky clean...

Sorry guys but I disagree. My cleansing cycle is 24hrs in sodium percarbonate. Rinse in dishwasher on 70* pots setting with intensive zone and hygiene mode activated. Hygiene mode is a high temp setting to sterilize baby bottles etc. they done melt or deform. And end up squeaky clean...

Tim this is Pet Bots your talking about

If Coopers will donate a case to me i will run tests on the bottles and post my findings here. Since I work in the food industry I have access to highly accurate monitoring devices. A scientific approach will settle this once and for all.

Archived