Coopers Community

Protein Beer

JarrodN

I know this has been asked before in previous posts but it didn't really answer the question. Is there such thing as a high protein beer as I love drinking beer but also like to keep fit and this would be perfect.

Well, there's this [pinched] . . .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYE1G28yslY0KIFl7Xm2m-4LgJA8EC9MMjEMTGpzhwDJeFTjGW

\u201cBeck\u2019s 50\u2033 - the world\u2019s first protein shake beer; [roll]

"Beck\u2019s is pleased to be the first brewer in the world to introduce the protein shake beer. Beck\u2019s 50 will be strictly brewed according to the Reinheitsgebot, the German purity law of 1516, except with the addition of 50 grams of high quality whey protein and additional multi-vitamins.

Beck\u2019s 50 is primarily aimed at those hardcore gym users who want to maximize their work outs whilst enjoying the cool, refreshing, crisp taste of Beck\u2019s beer. Beck\u2019s 50 will be available at most bars and all good health shops (in the sports nutrition aisle).

Beck\u2019s 50 is ideal post work-out to help maximize muscle repair and growth. Fortified with BCAAs (branched chain Amino Acids), the 50g of protein is immediately absorbed by the muscles to help maximize gains."

That's interesting but I can't see any "hardcore gym users" here downing one of these post workout.

Although I am pretty sure I once said that I wouldn't see any hardcore gym users downing a milkshake post workout [pinched]

Now they need to develop a beer that will make me feel smarter, confident and more attractive. Hang on ......

Hang on, I go to the gym 3 days a week, and always have a schooner when I finish. Had a J/S Golden today, 5 bloody $ .60 and it is not as good as mine!

Don't need that high protein stuff, that\u2019s only for the young blokes who want to look like Superman so they can impress one another.[love]

Weggl

Whoa Warren,

Thats pretty expensive for a Golden Ale.

I spend $4.50 on one here, although I find that it seems to be differant each time I go there. Sometimes its a really good beer and then other days its pretty plain[pinched].

Maybe the bar staff are just differant[pouty].

Hang on' date=' I go to the gym 3 days a week, and always have a schooner when I finish. [love']

Weggl

I take it you go to the diggers Warren...I go there a few times a week myself. Nothing better than watching the whales and dolphins swim pass as I run towards the horizon on the treadmill [biggrin]

Muddy I go there Mon, Wed, and Fri usually get there about 10 am. Don\u2019t do the bikes or treadmills at the moment got a bad hamstring.

Find me downstairs pumping iron, that\u2019s why I need a drink after.

If you see a rather large old codger, bald, glasses, black shorts, usually white or black tee shirt with a big tick on the front that\u2019s me.

If there is a lot of shielers hanging around that\u2019s not me.

Might see you down there.

I got the G/Ale a bit cheaper than what I quoted (member), quoted the regular price.

2 of those G/Ales and you have enough for 2 packets of DME. That horizon is a long way off![roll]

Warren

I was thinking the same thing too but wanted to believe it was true.

Now my dreams have been shattered and will have to go back to drinking glasses of raw egg (just like Rocky)[pinched]

Newtown, I bet you enjoy telling kids that Santa isn't real too.

I was thinking the same thing too but wanted to believe it was true.

Now my dreams have been shattered and will have to go back to drinking glasses of raw egg (just like Rocky)[pinched]

Newtown, I bet you enjoy telling kids that Santa isn't real too.

Whats all this about santa?????

For all who doubt the benefit in drinking beer, here is the definitive proof

Muddy, you take your Grasshoppers fried and salted? My favorite preparation for all insects - perfect with beer in hot weather. In cold weather, it is BBQ'd Field Mouse shis-kebabs

I was making a batch of Tooheys when a fly decided to end it all and drown itself in the FV whilst my back was turned. I didn't notice the little beggar for a few days until the foam died down and I fished out his pickled carcass. I guess you might describe this brew as a "protein beer". It actually turned out pretty good and I christened the brew Toohey's Fly. Although I don't necessarily recommend repeating the recipe.

Archived