Coopers Community

Talk about being furious!!!

Well I received my order of 6 cans of LME from Coopers yesterday only to find every single can in the half opened box looked like it had been belted by a hammer. I mean they weren't only dented but actually caved in!!

I do not hold Coopers responsible for this as it was evident that they were securely packed in a box then taped up and with a fragile sticker on it. imo Coopers packed the cans as best as they could.

Who do I blame???... bloody Australia Post that's who!!... I can not see how the hell they could do so much damage to EVERYCAN without intent. As I said, it looked like someone took a hammer to all 6 cans.

Now I have to stuff around wasting Coopers, and my, time to get the appropriate forms filled in to seek reimbursement from Aust Post.

The big question I have though is:

If Aust Post reimburse me (for the full retail and not the special price) then let me keep the cans, am I still able to use them or should I just replace them and throw the damaged cans out?

Man that sucks!

We had a similar experience a week ago receiving a registered parcel that had been opened somewhere between being sent and getting it from the local post office. Both parties are refusing to take the blame. . .

Hasn't been the first, won't be the last time.

I reckon if there's no sign of leakage that they should be fine.

Well I received my order of 6 cans of LME from Coopers yesterday only to find every single can in the half opened box looked like it had been belted by a hammer. I mean they weren't only dented but actually caved in!!

I do not hold Coopers responsible for this as it was evident that they were securely packed in a box then taped up and with a fragile sticker on it. imo Coopers packed the cans as best as they could.

Who do I blame???... bloody Australia Post that's who!!... I can not see how the hell they could do so much damage to EVERYCAN without intent. As I said, it looked like someone took a hammer to all 6 cans.

Now I have to stuff around wasting Coopers, and my, time to get the appropriate forms filled in to seek reimbursement from Aust Post.

The big question I have though is:

If Aust Post reimburse me (for the full retail and not the special price) then let me keep the cans, am I still able to use them or should I just replace them and throw the damaged cans out?

DITTO!

six cans, all damaged around the rim! I just stuck em in the cupboard (except for the EB, it's in the tub) and just rolled with it.[innocent]

Well I am going to push to be reimbursed from Aust Post as their service for delivery was terrible. The more people who complain then the more likely something will happen.

I must say, as I need information from Coopers regarding delivery and dates etc, I have just spoken to Alanah from Coopers who was very helpful. I then Spoke to Deb from Coopers General Store (at the airport) and she bent over backwards trying to help me. The service I have received from these two ladies was 2nd to none.

Deb mentioned she has a meeting with Aust Post tomorrow and would like to see the pics. I told her I would upload them here for reference.

PS, she only had good words to say about you, Paul. Whether it is because your daughter may have been in ear range or not, I don't know [innocent]

Well my goodies (TC Irish Stout, TC Wheat Beer, can of wheat extract, can of light extract) arrived today, and they managed to make it to this side of the country (Perth) in perfect condition. [biggrin] Plus, from looking at the dates on the cans, all of them are very fresh! [lol]

These photos really don't show how bad they are a great deal. I can always post one can at a time for close up view if wanted.

The first one is of how the box was received.

1003940.jpg

1003941.jpg

1003943.jpg

1003942z.jpg

Yeah they should all be fine.

Can I ask how much the cans are per unit? Is it much different to the Light Dry Malt, and is it used at the same quantity? Just curious.

Mick.

wow look at that.

I like the fact that the really horrible one is on the bottom of the stack.

I would still use them anyway.

Just a shame the photo is 2D as there are also dents at the back of some of these which are obviously out of the shot.

Yeah they should all be fine.

Can I ask how much the cans are per unit? Is it much different to the Light Dry Malt, and is it used at the same quantity? Just curious.

Mick.

The cans were on special recently from Coopers with free post. They worked out to be $8.05 each delivered to the door which was a bargain considering they are usually $8.95 + p&h from Coopers Site Here and $11.50 from my LHBS.

They can be used the same as LDM but there is 20% difference when using it this way but I bought these so I can make Neills Centennial Ale which is a lovely drop. [love] I have the Amarillo and just need the Centennial now.

Agreed that Neil's Centenarillo is a fine drop [love]

My deliveries generally arrive with the box looking much like the one pictured. This is why I believe they should be sent in stronger boxes before Aust post can get their hands on them.

In another letdown I was splitting a box of LDM last night to make some starters and it came up 67g short on contents. It is the first time I've ever split a box but I hope this isn't a common thing.

I instantly blamed my scales but I've tested them this morning and the most I come up with is a possible 1g discrepancy.

Thanks for the images Bill. I've passed them on. The dents don't look that severe to me so the product will be fine. The standing joke in the logisitcs world, "A fragile sticker means treat like a football". [whistling

Looks like the cans were sent to you in the same carton they are packaged in when produced at the brewery. This carton is not really designed for protecting the cans when shipped separately, rather than on a pallet amongst other cartons...

I recall, when first starting at the brewery, we were trialling thicker gauge steel in an attempt to reduce dents - it made no difference [pinched]

I know what would exactly fix the issues of cans being damaged in transit.

If the Aus Post people where gentle with things that have fragile written on them. For work I often recieve computer bits sent in boxes full of packeging and have had to (quite a number of times) report them as broken before I even got to install it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just spoken to Alanah from Coopers who was very helpful. I then Spoke to Deb from Coopers General Store (at the airport) and she bent over backwards trying to help me. The service I have received from these two ladies was 2nd to none.

At least you got yours! I have a $150 order outstanding, today is 21 working days. The wierd thing is I ordered twice and yet the later order arrived 2 weeks ago!

Despite 2 e-mails to Coopers, not even a reply let alone concern or anyone bending over backwards!

Oh and I've seen same dented cans in BigW, I don't think they use OZPost - it's simply someone somewhere has dropped the box off a forklift and the cans can't take it!

Woohoo and guess what arrives in my postbox today? 21st working day - thank goodness!

Guess you just have to tempt fate [devil]

Oh and thanks PB2 for the e-mail and the offer of help [happy]

It's one thing to have your emials ignored, however the other thing is the stress OzPost continualy cause me and my partner, she has a mail order business and everytime you send something (even registered) you have to wonder if it will ever be seen again!

I blame the contractors, they cut each others throats to compete, and then don't feel they getting paid to care, let alone take the blame for damage.

Anyway - one less fight to cross off the list.

At least you got yours! I have a $150 order outstanding, today is 21 working days. The wierd thing is I ordered twice and yet the later order arrived 2 weeks ago!

Despite 2 e-mails to Coopers, not even a reply let alone concern or anyone bending over backwards!

Oh and I've seen same dented cans in BigW, I don't think they use OZPost - it's simply someone somewhere has dropped the box off a forklift and the cans can't take it!

I am sure when placing the order it stated to expect about 28 days for delivery. Any orders recieved before then is just lucky. If after this time you haven't received your order then personally I would be ringing and not relying on emails.

All 6 cans in a box won't dent if they fell off a truck or fork lift. I find that very hard to believe. I except fair damage but these have clearly been mistreated.

Archived