Coopers Community

Coopers Heritage Premium Ale

Claire - Coopers Brewery

Coopers has launched a new premium ale called - Heritage.

It's in a brown bottle with striking label and packaging, inclusive of a silver foil on the neck of the bottle - a first for Coopers.

The launch of Heritage Premium Ale is a significant step for Coopers and provides the company with an important addition to our current range of ales. Heritage will become Coopers sole premium filtered ale with Thomas Cooper and the present Premium Ale being discontinued.

The Heritage product will help Coopers primarily in the restaurant trade and interstate areas, and will find an avenue for our product in places previously reserved for the imports and super-premiums.

The product itself has been fermented with a specially chosen ale yeast to provide enhanced flavours and aromas, but has been chill-filtered and pasteurised. It's been brewed using an unusual blend of malt and unmalted grains to provide a full bodied palate, golden colour and creamy head.

It's alcohol content is 5.2% and will only be available in 375ml bottles.

So if you'd like to read more about Heritage, click on the News section of the site and you can read the press release.

Coopers Heritage was officially launched on Wednesday 19th November, so you should see it hitting the retail stores from this week onwards in South Australia, and within the next month or so interstate..

Cheers

Claire

Coopers Brewery

[/b]

• 2 weeks later...

The new Heritage Ale has a strong hoppy nose, reminiscent of the hoppniess of a true bitter (eg Southwark Bitter) is followed by a great ale sweetness, full of fruit. Its very refreshing, and has a decent kick to it. Its filtered, so the tatse is the same throughout, without any of that famous Cooper's cloudiness.

The foil neck lining is annoying on the lips, otherwise the packaging is good.

It looks good in the new, slimline 'girly' bottle, cementing a premium image.

Overall a winnner.

• 4 weeks later...

ahhh, I still haven't been able to find a bottl'o with this stocked. I'm based on the lower north shore in Sydney. Does anyone know any places that have it as yet ? Helllp, Summer is at it's hottest, the one dayers have started, and my curiosity is peaking. Thank God pale ale is still in abundant supply :D

To quench your thirst its best to speak with one of our distributors in your state - they will be able to tell you where you can source Coopers Heritage Premium Ale.

Try calling Premium Beverages in Sydney on (02) 9660 7044, or also try the Head Office of Premium Beverages in Melbourne - they can help too - on (03) 9428 0744.

See how you go and let me know when your hunt is over !!!

• 1 month later...

I found the hops quite mild, william, but I agree with you on the sweetness of the aftertaste. Overall I found it a very unassuming beer, with the hops probably saving me from branding it bland. However, it is entirely without the faults of a certain Victorian premium brand I could mention. I figure from this that the aim here was to create a pleasing beer, free of fault, but without any overly distinctive characteristics so as to give a beer that will appeal to the most people, while relying on the the marketing and image to enhance sales (unlike pale, which we know we all drink to assuage our covetous tastebuds). After all, look at the number one premium on the market.

• 9 years later...

"Thomas Coopers Finest Ale" and "Heritage Ale" were very different beers but it would take a side-by-side comparison to pick the difference.

I'm still a bit sad that I never got to taste our Gold Crown (our very first lager) - I'm told that Maxwell Cooper was inspired by Dortmunder Export.[tongue]

i used to surprise our local boozer.. by buying a case of it when ever i saw it.. he always said it sold it ones.. 2s.. maybe a 6 pack here and there.. but i was one of the few to buy slabs at a time.

loved the stuff and have always said to mates if they see it grab it.. now i can understand why they have no idea what im talking about when referring to this brew!

Archived