Coopers Community

Brigalow does Woolies

thebeerpig

40 minutes ago, thebeerpig said:

I have spotted these new Brigalow  additions to the home brew shelf this morning at my local Woolies in central Victoria. Am wondering if they have been spotted moving into any of the other Woolies stores around Australia🤔

I am in Adelaide & haven't seen them but for a kit that only yields 12litres & supplies Dextrose for the fermentables, it's very expensive !! 

I definitely wouldn't be getting any of those.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am in Adelaide & haven't seen them but for a kit that only yields 12litres & supplies Dextrose for the fermentables, it's very expensive !! 

I definitely wouldn't be getting any of those.

Agree, cost too much

• Like 2

It's good to see a bit of variety on the Woolies homebrew shelf but I agree with the comments about the price. I'm thinking there will need to be a major price adjustment on the Brigalow Pale Ale boxes before they start flying off the shelf.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thebeerpig said:

It's good to see a bit of variety on the Woolies homebrew shelf but I agree with the comments about the price. I'm thinking there will need to be a major price adjustment on the Brigalow Pale Ale boxes before they start flying off the shelf.

For what it is worth Brigalow Beer is nothing special, I have tried a few of them over the years & found them to be sub-standard.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 9:23 AM, thebeerpig said:

Agree, good to see some variety. Brigalow looks like they are trying to do small batch "craft" beer I guess much like Mr Beers 8.5L kits for around $15 - $17 depending where you purchase. They could of been smarter with the other items in the kit like dextrose and finings but maybe they have a 15L craft FV on its way or something which would be useful.  Compared to some of the basic craft recipe of the month kits being $40 etc the price doesn't seem crazy especially since we cant see the hop quantities and other ingredients. Can see what they are trying just looks like they might of just missed the mark on this one.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/8/2022 at 10:25 PM, Smashed Crabs said:

Agree, good to see some variety. Brigalow looks like they are trying to do small batch "craft" beer I guess much like Mr Beers 8.5L kits for around $15 - $17 depending where you purchase. They could of been smarter with the other items in the kit like dextrose and finings but maybe they have a 15L craft FV on its way or something which would be useful.  Compared to some of the basic craft recipe of the month kits being $40 etc the price doesn't seem crazy especially since we cant see the hop quantities and other ingredients. Can see what they are trying just looks like they might of just missed the mark on this one.

Hi guys, I just signed up to comment on this...

My local Woolies had these on clearance for $12, I purchased one because they seemed good value at this price but there is no way I would pay full price for one of these!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gigrantor said:

Hi guys, I just signed up to comment on this...

My local Woolies had these on clearance for $12, I purchased one because they seemed good value at this price but there is no way I would pay full price for one of these!

Hi @Grigrantor, welcome to the forum, at $12.00 it's OK, it makes a reasonable beer, far better than some of the cheaper brands but of Coopers is far superior.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 2