Coopers Community

ANZAC DAY 2022

1 minute ago, Pale Man said:

The last post and minutes silence always brings a tear to me. Remembering the ANZACS and my Granddads. I always have a beer for them on this day.

Yes I had 2 Uncles & a Grandfather that served under horrifying circumstances & a couple of other rellies that didn't come back. 

• Like 6

Grandfather served in France WW1, wounded in action and met my Grandmother (nurse) as he recovered in hospital in Britain. My father served in the Pacific in WW2 as a radio operator on an American ship.

Raising a glass to both of them. Lest we forget.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I got to march in Brisbane this year. Was the first time I was able to march in three years due to covid restrictions had multiple commitments that day and unfortunately it rained through all of them but was good to see the crowds come out even with the weather being what it was.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Smashed Crabs said:

I got to march in Brisbane this year. Was the first time I was able to march in three years due to covid restrictions had multiple commitments that day and unfortunately it rained through all of them but was good to see the crowds come out even with the weather being what it was.

I haven't been for a few years for the same reason but I made the RSL for a few though !!🍻 

• Like 1