Coopers Community

Bz35 gen4

ozdevil

46 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Woo hoo  just purchased  the new bz35 gen 4

Can't wait for it 

Now hopeless when65 comes out I can get that as well 

It probably wouldn't take that long given your location, mine was ordered on a Thursday, dispatched on Friday & I had it Tuesday - that's not bad as I am in Adelaide.

Their service & freight charges are excellent.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It probably wouldn't take that long given your location, mine was ordered on a Thursday, dispatched on Friday & I had it Tuesday - that's not bad as I am in Adelaide.

Their service & freight charges are excellent.

Yes  I know they are on the ball 

Most likely Thursday considering  the time they came in stock. 

Owner of kegland mentioned  I was the 1st order through  so should be 1st out the door  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hey All

Just unboxed the new Brewzilla 35l Gen4 last night  and 1st looks its good unit   and sometime today will be giving it a clean out  and working out the controls

the great thing is is about this unit compared to  the 3.1.1  is the controller unit  it is no longer  fixed or at the bottom.  the contol box can be easily removed to making cleaning the out side a breeze

There is no switches on the unit  like for heat or pump  as this is all controlled via  wifi  or manually through the control box

The Spigot tap is no longer in the kettle but is connected to the Pump or you can by pass the recirc arm  and pump and pour liquid out with out use of the Pump

The Mash tun no longer has the Malt pipe that comes with 3.1.1

The mash tun will hold more grain  to enable you to get more wort or heavier beers

The mash tun also  has 2 level step so you dont have to pull the tun straight out  and useful for the smaller average beers that one will make then the mash tun can be pulled right out and rest rest on the bootom feet like the old 3.1.1

The lid of the brewzilla 35 gen 4  is the same as the 3.1.1  but the difference is the handles on this lid   they aey are bigger and are s/s and more sturdier then the 3.1.1 with those little black ball handles

The false bottom on the gen4  is not as deep  as it doesnt have to allow for the Spigot  like the 3.1.1   as well as the ring  pull is able to lay flat but when lifting  false bottom out it un folds for easy removal

The Kettle it self  is alot different to 3.1.1   as the  drain outlet or recirc outlet is in the centre  and is concave so the wort will flow  easeir and make it easier for cleaning

Some Pics of the unit

20220325_095450.thumb.jpg.c2adeed2331d49a5353b4252caf924ba.jpg20220325_095524.thumb.jpg.5bb471d1d31ba89b823883c3e12eb927.jpg20220325_095612.thumb.jpg.1b3e64343ed8ac6e47806be295a8d70a.jpg20220325_095634.thumb.jpg.ff141059367e4df3af098712e255b840.jpg20220325_095706.thumb.jpg.2f8feefe92337502bfd6d331aa9379a5.jpg

Just ordered a new brewzilla Jacket and the 3.1.1 jacket will fit these bad boys

Now i just have to give a good clean  and its ready for a brew

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looking good OD, get on with it, mines getting a clean up & test run with water today.

I could clean it  and brew today  but  i have an appointment this arvo

maybe monday  this bad boy gets its first bit of Grain

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Hey All

Just unboxed the new Brewzilla 35l Gen4 last night  and 1st looks its good unit   and sometime today will be giving it a clean out  and working out the controls

the great thing is is about this unit compared to  the 3.1.1  is the controller unit  it is no longer  fixed or at the bottom.  the contol box can be easily removed to making cleaning the out side a breeze

There is no switches on the unit  like for heat or pump  as this is all controlled via  wifi  or manually through the control box

The Spigot tap is no longer in the kettle but is connected to the Pump or you can by pass the recirc arm  and pump and pour liquid out with out use of the Pump

The mash tun will hold more grain  to enable you to get more wort or heavier beers

The mash tun also  has 2 level step so you dont have to pull the tun straight out  and useful for the smaller average beers that one will make then the mash tun can be pulled right out and rest rest on the bootom feet like the old 3.1.1

The lid of the brewzilla 35 gen 4  is the same as the 3.1.1  but the difference is the handles on this lid   they aey are bigger and are s/s and more sturdier then the 3.1.1 with those little black ball handles

The false bottom on the gen4  is not as deep  as it doesnt have to allow for the Spigot  like the 3.1.1   as well as the ring  pull is able to lay flat but when lifting  false bottom out it un folds for easy removal

The Kettle it self  is alot different to 3.1.1   as the  drain outlet or recirc outlet is in the centre  and is concave so the wort will flow  easeir and make it easier for cleaning

Some Pics of the unit

20220325_095450.thumb.jpg.c2adeed2331d49a5353b4252caf924ba.jpg20220325_095524.thumb.jpg.5bb471d1d31ba89b823883c3e12eb927.jpg20220325_095612.thumb.jpg.1b3e64343ed8ac6e47806be295a8d70a.jpg20220325_095634.thumb.jpg.ff141059367e4df3af098712e255b840.jpg20220325_095706.thumb.jpg.2f8feefe92337502bfd6d331aa9379a5.jpg

Just ordered a new brewzilla Jacket and the 3.1.1 jacket will fit these bad boys

Bewdiful 🙂 Jealous I am. Well, maybe there is still some money left once the plumber has finally finished fixing the dodgy pipes around the house...

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Very nice @ozdevil.  Your observations bode well for the 65 litre version.

the good thing for those wanting the 65l   alot of the firmware   will be fixed and updated by the time of release

there  is already an update coming to the mash tun (how far off it is  i dont know, i think in the next batch arriving)  the mash tun will have perferated holes up the side by about 2-3 inches as well.  at the moment the mash tun is standard   like the 3.1.1

i will be another waiting in line for the 65l

if you decide on the 65  @Shamus O'Sean i dont think you will be sorry mate

• Like 2

Well   went to do a dummy run   today before a brew day on monday

i stupidily disconnected the wifi   and the control box  turned off back on but only stayed on start up screen   found out how to reset the unit  got the screen back to normal

however temp reading error   ok  that cant be good

it isnt

So many emails between the developer and Henri   both excelled at helping me to no ends  they had a new control box ready for me today to pick up a 4 hour trip not wasted as i got to see the kegland staff and owners do a bit of brewing  

met the guy Kee  who does the youtube videos   briefly 

i dont put this issue to a bad thing with the units    and kegland went to no end to help

unfortunately i had a choice  to return the unit by post express  or to make the 4 hour rd trip again
and watch the trouble shooting Henri will do   

i am glad my issues   didnt happen during a brew day  

the issue seems to be the temp probe     and not the control box  

• Sad 6

2 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Well   went to do a dummy run   today before a brew day on monday

i stupidily disconnected the wifi   and the control box  turned off back on but only stayed on start up screen   found out how to reset the unit  got the screen back to normal

however temp reading error   ok  that cant be good

it isnt

So many emails between the developer and Henri   both excelled at helping me to no ends  they had a new control box ready for me today to pick up a 4 hour trip not wasted as i got to see the kegland staff and owners do a bit of brewing  

met the guy Kee  who does the youtube videos   briefly 

i dont put this issue to a bad thing with the units    and kegland went to no end to help

unfortunately i had a choice  to return the unit by post express  or to make the 4 hour rd trip again
and watch the trouble shooting Henri will do   

i am glad my issues   didnt happen during a brew day  

the issue seems to be the temp probe     and not the control box  

As long as you get it sorted OD.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

As long as you get it sorted OD.

I will mate.  

It's not as if I can't brew as I still have a 3.1.1 sitting idle

I was expecting hiccups to happen 

But most things can be sorted via the cloud these days..

Life's good   

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

I will mate.  

It's not as if I can't brew as I still have a 3.1.1 sitting idle

I was expecting hiccups to happen 

But most things can be sorted via the cloud these days..

Life's good   

My mission keeps gets aborted, today I was going to give Mr BZ a test run under the verandah with my new double power point & hose connections etc but a phone call from a couple of mates advised that they were bringing a carton of Coopers Pale Ale around in exchange for some home brew tasting -  what do you do ?

Easy, test run tomorrow. 😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

My mission keeps gets aborted, today I was going to give Mr BZ a test run under the verandah with my new double power point & hose connections etc but a phone call from a couple of mates advised that they were bringing a carton of Coopers Pale Ale around in exchange for some home brew tasting -  what do you do ?

Easy, test run tomorrow. 😀

mate   a test run  is only working of how the mash and the boil off rate is really  

time for you to put some grain in your bad boy mate and have a crack

i was getting mine fired ready for monday  but because of the hiccups i have had i have to do a long trip to kegland  and compete peak hour in melbourne  not fun

seriously mate you will be fine  brewing in your 3.1.1

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ozdevil said:

mate   a test run  is only working of how the mash and the boil off rate is really  

time for you to put some grain in your bad boy mate and have a crack

i was getting mine fired ready for monday  but because of the hiccups i have had i have to do a long trip to kegland  and compete peak hour in melbourne  not fun

seriously mate you will be fine  brewing in your 3.1.1

Yep I will be setting up today if the test run goes OK I will whack the grain in & attempt to make beer without using a can opener !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/25/2022 at 9:24 AM, ozdevil said:

Hey All

Some Pics of the unit

Just to clarify, does the drain hole also feed the tap? If so, how on earth do you keep the hot break out of the FV? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Just to clarify, does the drain hole also feed the tap? If so, how on earth do you keep the hot break out of the FV? 

From the Kegland website:

"One of the key features of all the BrewZilla single vessel units is the false bottom protection screen. This screen avoids the need for doing a whirlpool and it filters wort and prevents more than 95% of hops and hot break getting sucked into the pump and thus greatly reduces the blocked pump issues that are often an issue with other brewery designs."

I am pretty sure you can either run the tap by gravity or with the pump.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Step 1.

20220327_090644.jpg

Hi Phil, you might be better off running the Brewzilla on a lower stand.  Maybe on one of those milk crates.  That will make it easier to pour in and mix your grain; lift the malt pipe at the end of your mash; do your sparge; add hops; etc.  

I use my Grainfather on a movers dolly.  It is handy for moving it around if needed.  It also keeps the unit low.  A big difference between the two units is the GF's controller is high on the side, compared with the BZ being low.  So you probably do not want to have your BZ too low or you'll be done on your knees making adjustments.

Good luck with it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hi Phil, you might be better off running the Brewzilla on a lower stand.  Maybe on one of those milk crates.  That will make it easier to pour in and mix your grain; lift the malt pipe at the end of your mash; do your sparge; add hops; etc.  

I use my Grainfather on a movers dolly.  It is handy for moving it around if needed.  It also keeps the unit low.  A big difference between the two units is the GF's controller is high on the side, compared with the BZ being low.  So you probably do not want to have your BZ too low or you'll be done on your knees making adjustments.

Good luck with it.

Hi Shamus, yes the BZ will sit on a milk crate as I have plenty of them as was going to line a few up at different heights with old shelving on to create different level platforms.

Right now I am filling a sanitised fermenter with Pura Tap water & I will leave that uncovered overnight in the bathroom to clear up. Later I will chuck some Keg cleaner in some water & start the pump to sanitise the unit & at the same time boil some water & play with the temp control & pump etc also checking for leaks.

Cheers, thanks for your input.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

From the Kegland website:

"One of the key features of all the BrewZilla single vessel units is the false bottom protection screen. This screen avoids the need for doing a whirlpool and it filters wort and prevents more than 95% of hops and hot break getting sucked into the pump and thus greatly reduces the blocked pump issues that are often an issue with other brewery designs."

I am pretty sure you can either run the tap by gravity or with the pump.

Spot on comments  

• Like 3

Guys just been  to  kegland in nonle park  and the service these guys gave was fantastic   .

They replaced my kettle as it seems there was an issue with the main control box being the brains of the unit

They tested my 1st control box that you use to control pump and heating and it worked perfectly 

Keglands customer service is absolutely above and beyond for me 

Was about to drive out and Dom chaesed me out of the driveway lucky I seen him  and said how you good for hops and grain and stuff

I said got grain  but he gave me a shitload of hops  

Henri, Dom, Darrin and Trent Devers(developer of the rapt software)

Have been  fantastic. 

Hopefully can get homeclean the unit a do a brew on Wednesday  and do a trial run this arvo

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Step 1.

20220327_090644.jpg

OK -  BREW DAY

I am setting things up to start, 30l of Pura Tap water sat in the sanitised FV overnight with the lid off, recipe & ingredients sorted, sparge water on, I have had to improvise as the original idea was to be brewing in the laundry but I couldn't get the right size tap convertor so it's  happening outside the back door, power point one side, tap the other, I think this will work.

I will soon find out 🤞

20220327_135743.jpg

20220328_101744.jpg

20220328_101832.jpg

20220328_104706.jpg

20220328_104625.jpg

• Like 3