Coopers Community

Family Secret Amber Ale, is it infected?

d_m

Howdy,

First time doing the coopers Family Secret Amber ale tin + Amber extract liquid malt

This is day 3 of ferment and not sure if its infected or not, some weird spot in the middle what i haven't seen before in a batch, also a little around the sides

cheers

1.JPG

3 hours ago, d_m said:

Howdy,

First time doing the coopers Family Secret Amber ale tin + Amber extract liquid malt

This is day 3 of ferment and not sure if its infected or not, some weird spot in the middle what i haven't seen before in a batch, also a little around the sides

cheers

1.JPG

Hey d_m, This looks perfectly normal to me.  You will get some different foams, creams and consistencies in the Krausen's of you brews.  Some will make you think you beer is ruined.  In this case no.  

You might have folks berate you for lifting the lid.  You should not do it often, but if you do it gently, it will be fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, d_m said:

Howdy,

cheers

Looks like just a normal Richard the 3rd floating around, I wouldn't worry too much 👑 💩

32 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hey d_m, This looks perfectly normal to me.  You will get some different foams, creams and consistencies in the Krausen's of you brews.  Some will make you think you beer is ruined.  In this case no.  

You might have folks berate you for lifting the lid.  You should not do it often, but if you do it gently, it will be fine.

Ah good to know, thanks.

I lifted the lid to get the photo because of all the moisture in there and this is actually the first time ive done it while its been fermenting and it created 2 or 3 big bubbles 😒 haha oh well.. lesson learnt

Edited by d_m
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, d_m said:

Howdy,

cheers

1.JPG

its infected   

you better send to me for disposal   of it safely

before you do put the lid on    dont want oxygen making it worse

• Haha 2