Coopers Community

Fails in 2022

DavidM

tipped in a 15 litre kegland giant goon bag style fwk today. probably 14 litres made it into the FV, i'll get my technique better next time.. i'm on mopping the floors duty tomorrow 😕

great value though, $49 for 15 litres (5 litre top up) which included 100g of citra and verdant yeast. it'll christen one of my new kegs 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Stickers said:

tipped in a 15 litre kegland giant goon bag style fwk today. probably 14 litres made it into the FV, i'll get my technique better next time.. i'm on mopping the floors duty tomorrow 😕

great value though, $49 for 15 litres (5 litre top up) which included 100g of citra and verdant yeast. it'll christen one of my new kegs 😇

I reckon they should never have got rid of those cube type containers as those others are the pit's, so hard to control even the 1.7l k & k pouches.

• Like 1

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

I reckon they should never have got rid of those cube type containers as those others are the pit's, so hard to control even the 1.7l k & k pouches.

keeping costs down i reckon. i know where i went wrong so next time i try one of these goon bag style fwk's i'll draft in a helper for sure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stickers said:

Yeah, you will likely not get the technique better or at least, it won't work 🙂 Been there, done that. What might help is a second set of hands and a pair of scissors to cut an opposite end off the bag to let air flow. They used to sell FWKs in 15l canisters, which were easier to handle but as the bean counters figured out, a giant goon bag and a printed box are about 10c cheaper than a label on a 15l jerry can, so that's the way it went. Or of course, the governments health and safety regulations might have also caused problems instead of fixing an issue as usual. 

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 2

I have found that the best way to avoid spills is to forget about spouts or taps on the bladder, lift it up over the fermenter by a corner and snip the opposite corner with a pair of scissors. Works well and avoids the mopping duties!

• Like 2