Coopers Community

Cloudy beer coming out of my kegerater keg how can I fix it

Boss

39 minutes ago, Boss said:

I’ve brewed a coopers larger my first one turned out beautiful but this one is cloudy just wondering how I can fix it or is it to late to save it 

you could mix up 200ml of water and gelitin   and add  into your  beer and let sit  for few days   with out touching    so your basicly cold crashing again except this time with in the keg

otherwise if that doesnt work  ya going to have to put up with it.

however in time it will clear out   on its own but thats usually when ya get close to the end

the cloudyness will not hurt you

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ozdevil said:

you could mix up 200ml of water and gelitin   and add  into your  beer and let sit  for few days   with out touching    so your basicly cold crashing again except this time with in the keg

otherwise if that doesnt work  ya going to have to put up with it.

however in time it will clear out   on its own but thats usually when ya get close to the end

the cloudyness will not hurt you

How much gelitin do I mix with the 200 ml of water 

1 hour ago, Boss said:

How much gelitin do I mix with the 200 ml of water 

1 teaspoon.

The general approach for a keg full is 1 teaspoon to 250ml (1 cup) of cool water.

• Sprinkle on the gelatin
  • Leave for 30 minutes or so to bloom (fluff up a bit).  I did one tonight that I left for an hour (because I forgot about it)
  • Then heat 7 seconds at a time in a microwave, stirring each time, until the liquid becomes clear.  It will be warm but not hot.  Do not over-do it.
  • Tip into keg (in my case it was splitting into 2 fermenters)
  • Give it a gentle stir to mix in
  • Leave cold for at least two days

Your first glass or two will be a bit cloudy, but thereafter should clear up nicely.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

1 teaspoon.

The general approach for a keg full is 1 teaspoon to 250ml (1 cup) of cool water.

• Sprinkle on the gelatin
  • Leave for 30 minutes or so to bloom (fluff up a bit).  I did one tonight that I left for an hour (because I forgot about it)
  • Then heat 7 seconds at a time in a microwave, stirring each time, until the liquid becomes clear.  It will be warm but not hot.  Do not over-do it.
  • Tip into keg (in my case it was splitting into 2 fermenters)
  • Give it a gentle stir to mix in
  • Leave cold for at least two days

Your first glass or two will be a bit cloudy, but thereafter should clear up nicely.

Thanks I’ll give it ago 👍