Coopers Community

Sanitising Bottles

Mr Polar

2 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

And if you think a bottle tree is too expensive (they are), here is my el cheapo substitute. If you can't find a suitable basket I reckon an inverted milk crate would work too.

Agreed Muzzy, I have a bottle tree but I also have a few of those baskets left over from old fridges/chest freezers etc. improvising is the best way to save $$$.

• Like 2

I really struggled to find a WhiteKing or homebrand bleach that said, "Unscented"

In fact, I failed completely, struggle or no struggle

I bought "Regular" instead of lemon or lavendar though

OxySan is unscented but that is another cup of tea... um... well not, "tea" of course but... yeah

14 minutes ago, Cee said:

I really struggled to find a WhiteKing or homebrand bleach that said, "Unscented"

OxySan is unscented but that is another cup of tea... um... well not, "tea" of course but... yeah

What's wrong with OxySan? 

When I run out of Sodium Carbonate, I use the Vanish Oxyaction in the pink bucket. I'm pretty sure it is similar to OxySan. Bleach I really only use when I had an infection or something is really festy. I used to use bleach but it requires a lot of extra rinsing to get rid of the slimy feeling. Next to SP, "oxy" cleaners are the best choice.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

What's wrong with OxySan? 

When I run out of Sodium Carbonate, I use the Vanish Oxyaction in the pink bucket. I'm pretty sure it is similar to OxySan. Bleach I really only use when I had an infection or something is really festy. I used to use bleach but it requires a lot of extra rinsing to get rid of the slimy feeling. Next to SP, "oxy" cleaners are the best choice.

G'day @Aussiekraut

A few posts back there was some discussion about cleaning up old FVs bought 2nd hand with no idea of their history, and White King came up in that particular context

My bad - I kinda hijacked the thread a little (It's a bad habit of mine I don't mean it) but not too much (kinda sorta somewhat relevant to the Original Topic)

Oxysan is great as a standard cleaner and is easy to find Fragrance Free

Edited by Cee

2 hours ago, Cee said:

Domestos is the same stuff. Try the local cheap shop. But yeh, must be unscented. I don't use plastic bottles and don't sanitised glass bottles. Clean same day after drinking. If they are not spotless straight into the dish washer. Store with a used cap pressed on by hand. Or in a box with just a towel over them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, oldbloke said:

Domestos is the same stuff. Try the local cheap shop. But yeh, must be unscented. I don't use plastic bottles and don't sanitised glass bottles. Clean same day after drinking. If they are not spotless straight into the dish washer. Store with a used cap pressed on by hand. Or in a box with just a towel over them.

Ahhh Domestos!

I forgot that's bleach...