Coopers Community

Bottle conditioning time

K Man

2 minutes ago, Worts and all said:

Hi Jamie. You might like to revisit those figures. At 6g per 750g bottle you will be around 8g per litre. Anyway, sounds as if you have it under control with your kegging.  I am, and always have been,a dedicated bulk primer.Happy brewing!

yes im not a math person these days lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jackgym said:

Shove your bottles in the cupboard for a month if you can. 
Never any problems using 2 carb drops per 650ml Coopers plastic bottles.

Pardon my correction, I was not aware of  650ml Coopers plastic bottles.   I will stand corrected if I am wrong but the PET bottles from Coopers are 740ml. Yes 2 Carb Drops but I still find that is still not quite enough, I use 2 Carb Drops in 450ml Grolsch Bottles & some others that are 500ml. Never had a problem.

Cheers

Phil

3 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

Pardon my correction, I was not aware of  650ml Coopers plastic bottles.   I will stand corrected if I am wrong but the PET bottles from Coopers are 740ml. Yes 2 Carb Drops but I still find that is still not quite enough, I use 2 Carb Drops in 450ml Grolsch Bottles & some others that are 500ml. Never had a problem.

Cheers

Phil

Sorry, you are correct,  740ml PET bottles.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Panther Branch Brewing said:

I will add, regardless of time in the bottle, once carbonated, your beer will be better with a week or more in the fridge before drinking. 

I totally agree, they seem to sit better in the glass. They really do need a bit of time in the fridge, I have been caught before poking a few in the fridge in the morning to drink that night, just not the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys,.. well the advice to add a 3rd pellet to the bottled beer was a resounding success.... However, some lessons learned.... best to probably wait a week or so after initial bottling to drop the supplementary sugar tab in.... at the 4 week mark... well ... the initial result was volcanic but got it resealed with minimal beer loss... and now 2 weeks later... pretty darned good.

Next time, for an English old brown ale, extract + grain, will likely go back to powdered priming sugar with the graduated measure as I prefer my 500ML Flip top glass over the PET.

Edited by LRWOZ