Coopers Community

AFL Grand Final Day plans

Hilltop hops

I'm a bit of a traditionalist and would normally be opposed to it being a night game but as the game is on Cox Plate day a night game pleases me because it avoids a clash. I'm hoping to clean out the TAB coffers on the nags today and then it's AFL bbq at a mates place tonight.
As an Essendon supporter I'm still undecided who I want to win. I really like Gary Ablett but not so keen on Dangerfield. I like Dimma Hardwick but I'm still p155ed off with Dusty for costing me a $300 win on Bachar Houli for the 2017 Norm Smith. LOL
Can we please have a close game? 

Already started brew day.  Will be finished and packed away by mid afternoon.  Then I can watch some of the pre-game.

Can't have anybody over here in Melbourne.  Might see if I can call in a few mates via Zoom and have a virtual party, while watching the game.

Not fussed who wins, like Muzzy, I just want a close game.

If Dan says we can have beers with our mates on Sunday, he'll be lynched.

PS - Go Storm!

Hoped to be going but was too late getting in the online queue for tickets on Tuesday morning ☹️ instead getting bored waiting around for the bloody game to start. I didn't like the idea of a night grand final and still don't. 

I'm also preparing to be highly disappointed with the spectacle partly because it's raining and partly because I watched the best game of footy I've ever seen last night - the 1989 VFL Grand Final. I see YouTube has quite a few full games from that era, might have to get stuck into some. It's a shame coaches got all defensive and turned it into a congestion fest.

• Like 1

One big difference I noticed was defenders not leaving their man to gang up on another forward. The whole focus of both sides was attack. Certainly a much better game to watch. 

Sports scientists have ruined goalkicking as well not letting players practice it enough after a training session. Having said that the players don't help themselves either walking in faffing around spinning the ball around and whatever. Just hold it steady FFS. 

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Haha 1