Coopers Community

Pacific summer ale

58 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

I must say that this Pacific Summer Ale recipe turned out very nice indeed.  Simple to make and of the style of beer I like, so very happy with this one.  Only been in the keg a few days and then carbonated with gas (no secondary) and cannot stop drinking it. And it's relative low ABV so you can get stuck into a few.  Will be making another batch as soon as a FV becomes free.

Have you tried yours yet @Olemate with your hops variation?

Cheers - AL

Yes mate, just came off carb. pressure, and still a bit green but bloody delish. all the same. Can only improve as flavours meld. Cheers

Mark

On 2/19/2020 at 1:50 PM, iBooz2 said:

How did your hop variation go ?@Yuley

Yeah really good. Bottled this week. Had a nice taste in the sample, and a really strong pineapple aroma.

Brewed for a boys weekend down the coast, so I am sure it will disappear quick.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Yuley that's a bugger, has the carbonation improved over time?

I have guzzled two batches of my Summer Ale now and have a third in CC nearly ready to keg.

By the way I notice you use the same LHBS as I do in Boronia so not too far away from me as I am in Croydon.

Might be able to "lend" you some summer hops if you want to give another batch a go with the real deal.

Cheers - AL

On 3/28/2020 at 9:33 AM, iBooz2 said:

@Yuley that's a bugger, has the carbonation improved over time?

I have guzzled two batches of my Summer Ale now and have a third in CC nearly ready to keg.

By the way I notice you use the same LHBS as I do in Boronia so not too far away from me as I am in Croydon.

Might be able to "lend" you some summer hops if you want to give another batch a go with the real deal.

Cheers - AL

Sounds good Al.

I am in Bayswater, so not far away at all. Maybe when all this craziness is over can have a beer and talk HB. 🙂

As for the beer, yeah the last bottle has carbed up nicely, but haven't cracked it yet. 

Edited by Yuley
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Yuley said:

Sounds good Al.

I am in Bayswater, so not far away at all. Maybe when all this craziness is over can have a beer and talk HB. 🙂

As for the beer, yeah the last bottle has carbed up nicely, but haven't cracked it yet. 

Hi Guys @Yuley & @iBooz2,

I am in Belgrave South and would be up for a get together once things settle down.  Bring a bottle or three and hand sh1t on how bad our wonderful HB is.  Stay healthy.

Cheers Shamus

Edited by Shamus O'Sean
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hi Guys @Yuley & @iBooz2,

I am in Belgrave South and would be up for a get together once things settle down.  Bring a bottle or three and hand sh1t on how bad our wonderful HB is.  Stay healthy.

Cheers Shamus

Sounds like a plan!

• Like 2

@Yuley and @Shamus O'Sean yep that does sound like a plan.  Do you mind if I bring a keg? 🤣

I am actually kegging my 3rd batch of Summer Ale this afternoon which is just in time because my 2nd batch keg is about to blow, been savoring the last few glasses.

In the meantime stay out of harms way everyone.

Cheers - AL

• Like 3