Coopers Community

Leftover Galaxy

I know there's several renditions of a S&W Pacific ale clone recipe scattered throughout the forum. However, I've got about 200g of galaxy still in my fridge that's getting on a bit. I want to make something simple, even if it's just a basic extract based boil to make use of the hops. I've got 500g of wheat DME on hand as well. Any suggestions?

The Coopers Recipe SS suggests these for Wheat extracts. (I presume dry will work similar to liquid)
Coopers Vintage Ale 2019
Darth Weizer
Hefeweizen
K9 Quencher Session Ale
Marilyn's Secret
Smooth Bockenator

Galaxy doesn't get a mention but maybe some of the ones they suggest are similar?

Citra and Centennial are listed as similar so here are those. 😄 

American Burleywine
American Rebel Amber
Awful  Ogre Ale
Brew de Ale Ze Bub
Bridge The Gap IPA
Cooper's Session Ale
Cooper's Vintage Ale 2013
Great Lakes IPA
Hopiphany White IPA
Lime Milkshake IPA
Nelson's Light
Pineapple IPA
Shark Attack XPA
Shiner - Black IPA
Trendy Trousers Amber Ale
Two Step Lager
Zaphod's IPA

On 11/23/2019 at 4:52 PM, karlos_1984 said:

I know there's several renditions of a S&W Pacific ale clone recipe scattered throughout the forum. However, I've got about 200g of galaxy still in my fridge that's getting on a bit. I want to make something simple, even if it's just a basic extract based boil to make use of the hops. I've got 500g of wheat DME on hand as well. Any suggestions?

I just recently put down the Fruit Salad Ale from the Coopers site to get something similar to S&W. Since then I noticed this recipe on the website of my LHBS, which is similar but uses wheat DME instead of light. Going to try this for my next Pacific Ale.

https://www.thehopandgrain.com.au/product/pacific-ale-23l-extract-recipe/