Coopers Community

Water

RoyG

Each to their own though.

[lol] You say that now... [lol]

it affords ultimate control and is very easy to use, set the STC1000 to desired temp and walk away.

As I said above, I can now (if I want to) do step mashing all the way from an ACID rest to MASH out stopping where I want for how long I want. The beuty of this system over say an esky doing single infusion is the recirculation, it lends itself to crystal clear wort.

Yob

Id be interested to know what system PB2 uses at home [joyful]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My old gear for brewing beer.

Had most of this equipment since the early 90s. Moved to kegs in 2000 and no-chill cubes circa 2001. The only update since, is a new 40l Crown Urn (concealed element) after the old Langco gave up and went to urn heaven [crying] So, no need for the kettle false bottom (didn't fit the new urn anyway) or the boil over guard. As you can see, it aint flash but it turns out some rippa brews [biggrin]

2666.jpg Grain Mill, hopper holds about 1kg.

2671.jpg Mash Tun

2669.jpg Mash Tun False Bottom

2670.jpg Sparge Arm

2672.jpg $10 Langco Kettle, bargain!

2668.jpg Kettle False Bottom

2664.jpg Boil Over Guard, reduces evaporation losses too!

2673.jpg 17 Litre Cubes (also use 22 litre cubes)

2667.jpg Beer Fridge, Kegs, Pluto Guns, Gas Bottle (my first keg fridge is now a temp controlled fermentation cabinet)

2665.jpg End product "Full Nelson Ale"

My literature state that "a good level for most ales and lagers to be around 100mg/l.

...and Melbourne's Water does not have that, hence my statement about it being required as an additive. Usually Calcium Sulphate for most of my brews (and a bit of acidulted malt)

have a look at the Calcium content in the PDF linked HERE (Same topic but different post to that I linked above) for Melbourne Calcium Levels

The Doc by Tony Wheeler has dosage reccomendations for those MASH brewing in Melbourne... all of this info relates to Mashing, not extracts / Kits.

So since I use extracts, not mashing, that shouldn't matter, right?

The end product looks good Paul.

I think Yob might be expecting more bling and stainless steel [biggrin]

I always connected an urn with BIAB; I never really thought of using one for a kettle only. It is making me think of my setup. I have a 40 odd litre esky for a mash tun, will get a braid and then batch sparge. I was then going to look at burners and big pots but this has given me something to think about.

I assume you brew indoors then.

it aint flash but it turns out some rippa brews [biggrin]

Love it!! I bet it does Paul, be nice to swap a beer with you one day [bandit]

Love the boilover guard.. genius [lol]

Hairy got it in one though, I did expect more SS.. and a bigger mill [biggrin] but at the end of the day a great beer cares not for what it was made in.. just that it was made [love]

Id bet that system packs away to a small space indeed..

To Damien E1's question.. shouldnt think so, the wort has already been made so that part of the game is over, however, with Kits/Extract it's always a good idea (IMO) to be adding a good Yeast Nutrient..

Yob

AFL teams from Vic take their own water with them when they play in Adelaide

What's AFL? [wink]

It's the game where you don't have to stick your head up a team mates backside before you're allowed to touch the ball. [biggrin]

Beer.

AFL teams from Vic take their own water with them when they play in Adelaide

What's AFL? [wink]

It's the game where you don't have to stick your head up a team mates backside before you're allowed to touch the ball. [biggrin]

Beer.

They save that for the post game celebrations [innocent]

Rugby great Andrew Johns was asked in his press conference after being installed as an Immortal of the game...

Reporter: "Joey, Congratulations on being named the newest Immortal. Amongst all of your achievements, what was your secret to being able to have such a long career & play over 300 games?"

Andrew Johns: "Thick nasal hair growth!"

[lol] [sideways] [tongue] [biggrin]

Beer.

Oh no' date=' Canadian slang [crying']

I think Coopers are going to have to employee an interpreter for this forum [biggrin]

HaHa[lol] I'm looking to take over this forum and call it Canadian one slang phrase at a time, eh![alien] [bandit] [alien]

BTW Hairy, I think you're a Hoser![cool]

Not bad' date=' Hairy![joyful']

The "word" "Eh" asks if you are in agreement to the statement. For example "Big Island IPA is wicked, eh!"[biggrin] OR "Hairy's a real Hoser, eh!"

Get it now...eh!?

You could be an honoury queenslander Chad. We often finish a sentence with the word "Hey"

When i arrived here 25 years ago, i thought it was because they were a bit unsure of themselves and just needed someone to a agree with what was said, but its just the local way of talking.

A lifetime before that when i lived in Victoria, it was common to end a sentence with "but" As in "those canadians are great at ice hockey, they cant play cricket but"

I never did work that one one out

Archived