Coopers Community

Ideas for Original Series Lager

Muddy Waters

Hey Cloudy.

I don't know if this is any good yet as it's still brewing, but this is what I'm making

Thanks mate. That recipe looks good. I've done a stout and have a dark ale in secondary atm so I didn't want to do another dark just yet. Moving (slowly) into the better weather, I want to do something crisp, mildly bitter, mildly hopped and malty for summer.

I was thinking:

Coopers OS Lager (duh)

BE2

LDM (500g)

Saflager yeast (is it true the Coopers yeast is a kinda half ale, half lager yeast?)

and dry hop for flavour and aroma (this is where I'm doing some research probably Ellerslie t-bags)

and water to about the 18L mark.

It's a simple recipe but I think it will come out nice and be a decent summer beverage... Thoughts?

Muddy posted a recipe for a Singha clone using the Coopers OS Lager kit. I tried to find it using the search function but (surprise, surprise) it didn't work.

I don't think he posted it that long ago but then again I still think 1985 was not that long ago.

sorry im drunk off night shift and ready for top gear and bed cant be bothered trying to copy a comment.

Im sure adam ur comment was meant purely as a joke because if you were refering to the standard recepie lawn mower lager being better than singh. Then just my opinion but if cost aside id rather a singh although i love brewing just doesnt beet an all grain as piss weak as it is.

Recently I threw together this:

OS Lager

Coopers Liquid Amber Malt Extract

200g Dextrose

25g Pacific Hallertau hops steeped

25g Pacific Hallertau hops dry hopped day 4

23 litres.

Very nice drinking after 2 months in the bottle.

My first foray into amber ales and got rid of a spare OS Lager tin.

I will be making this again but probably using a tin of OS Draught I have lying around.

Recently I threw together this:

OS Lager

Coopers Liquid Amber Malt Extract

200g Dextrose

25g Pacific Hallertau hops steeped

25g Pacific Hallertau hops dry hopped day 4

23 litres.

Very nice drinking after 2 months in the bottle.

My first foray into amber ales and got rid of a spare OS Lager tin.

I will be making this again but probably using a tin of OS Draught I have lying around.

Yeah, an Amber Ale that sounds the go. Did you use the full can of the liquid malt?

How would you describe the Hallertau hops?

Archived