Coopers Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Sierra Ale Pale Ale, and Pezzza’s Pilly Larger. Both worth the wait.
  3. She’s a cruel mistress, home brewing…
  4. Mason Jar inspiration on the bench. Now I've got to cook dinner. Smoked Cod, mashed potato, white sauce and steamed vegies. Hard to take I know. Plus, I need to drink some Kraken Rum and Cola in the process. The home brew lifestyle hurts badly sometimes.
  5. It's been pouring rain today, so I spent the day catching up. 3 of these empties were for the big drum a couple of days ago. That's my first 3 kegs but it's only 1.020 today so still early to keg, which I knew it would be. The Cooper's FVs on the right are the ones I was advised to throw away. I have confidence in my reclaiming of them. Thomas Cooper Crown Lager installed today with a bit of a test going on as well. Expired yeast Vs new yeast, kindly donated. Finally cold enough in my shed. The old Tooheys keg in the corner? A different forum.
  6. First taste of the Stout, I tried a new method, 3 days at 20psi & I can honestly say this is the best ever result with fast carbing. It not only tastes good, but it is so creamy like, almost Guinness like & I didn't even use the stout tap attachment. I can see this disappearing before it's had a chance to mature. I would strongly recommend any of you brewers that are able & on top of the brewing process consider kegging, it is streets ahead of cleaning & sanitising bottles, let alone the wait. This is 3 days in the keg & 14 days in the FV using S-04 yeast.
  7. "I looked at three posts and got numbers ranging from 2yrs, 5yrs and (if unopened) "prolly forever". Thanks that also helps.
  8. "My 100ml bottle is still 4/5ths full. I got it ages ago" Thanks that helps.
  9. Yesterday
  10. They look good but as our learned friend @Malter White suggests it is a lot of work, there are a number of companies that sell software/devices that you can print custom labels from your phone & of course from a computer as long as you have Wi-Fi at home. Below is only one of them & some stores such as Officeworks stock them. I have been using them for years but not so much of late.
  11. thank you good vibes it was
  12. Corny kegs were originally used for soft drinks. Ball lock kegs were Pepsi, and pin lock kegs were Coke IIRC.
  13. I am looking for the craft ROTM for Feb or MARCH, i have made it but cant remember what one it was it has turned out ok
  14. Congratulations on bringing up the half century, Jenny. I don't want to tell you how to suck eggs but your label is very detailed. I'd get weary writing all that 30 times. To save this chore I use a free app called Brewtracker and all the details of my brews are stored in it. To label my bottles I just use a liquid pencil and write the batch number on them. If I need info on the brew I simply refer to the app. Your beer, your choice but I'm a sticky beak and feel compelled to share my "vast" knowledge with you.
  15. In search of an answer to a particular question, I went Googling and Youtubing and found myself sifting through ages of unnecessary videos without an answer. Then I remembered the Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet. Bang! Answered found in under 2 minutes. Thanks Coopers and Shamus and any other contributors to this great resource.
  16. Yep, I agree, their beers are spot on, the Pale Ale is full flavoured & with an ABV of 5.1% it is very satisfying. I also like the Pacific Ale.
  17. Having one of these now. Had one from the tap as well. Very nice
  18. OK. Not beer. 7-Up. Joyce Beverages Inc. was the 2nd biggest distributer of 7-Up. Never mind, I'll still call it Joliet Jake and it will have beer in it next week.
  19. A 6.50 Pint of Coopers Pale Ale (SA 425ml) at the Watermark Hotel just under 1km from my doorstep. I had to have a couple more.
  20. More glasses & promo gear from one of my mates who is always in a pub, he seems to get hold of this regularly, I have quite an array of Coopers products building up. I don't get to the Pub much these days so I guess that's what I miss out on. He is quite happy to pass it on to me & he always gets a few beers when he visits.
  21. Good job I say @glivo - paid back nicely for just an hours worth of hard graft
  22. Unnecessary I know but I don't like messy stuff. This is a before and after of the used kegs I bought after cleaning them up. I bought 4 for $25 each including a full set of O-rings for each keg. They were being used for Kombucha after coming over from the States. These are usually $50 each but I got them from a guy who bought them and then changed his mind. That "FRAGILE" tape, layers of clear packing tape and labels were a real pain to remove. This is from 1 keg. Each one took me about an hour to strip, and clean outside and in but they scrubbed up pretty well. Ready to go now. The clean one in this photo is to be called Jake, as it comes from Joliet Illinois USA. I love that this is still operational so far away from where it first had beer in it.
  23. Last week
  24. Yeah. I just saw the pump spray in use. I've got a compressor and heaps of flexible line, push fittings and water separator/ regulators, so easy to run a line to the brew shed.
  1. Load more activity