Coopers Community

How many brews have you done this year

Waylon

lol True that Payno. I reckon it'll be a few months yet though.. just gonna concentrate on myself and enjoying life alone while the hurt fades.

Anyway back on topic sort of, will be kegging a brew tomorrow which was begun fermenting last year just before Xmas, so does that one count as this year or last year? Then I'll be throwing another batch in the FV on Sunday, hopefully, which is my Chinook pale ale. The next one after that is my English pale ale. All of these were actually brewed last year but obviously aren't ending up in kegs/bottles until this year.... it's a conundrum. tongue

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sucks, but chin up mate - if its any consolation I didn't find a 'keeper' till I was older and got married at 42! ...so always plenty of time ( Im assuming your considerably younger than me!) wink

I think if you put in the FV before NY then it counts, mine has been sitting there for over 3 weeks waiting to be botted......tomorrows job. Love to hear about your UK pale Ale - never tried one. have just discovered Chinook though after putting some in a recent brew - lovely hop.biggrin

I've got to get 2 brews down this weekend - managed to grab a Coopers Sparking Ale kit before they ran out so going to either do the sparking ale or scotch ale....not sure yet. I have 4 of the craft kits for my small FV so will choose one of those. I have stuffed my shoulder and will need surgery on it - so need to get a couple of brews in before then as I wont be able to do much for a few weeks after surgery.sad

It does but I'll be fine. I've been through it before. Yeah, I'm only 29 at the moment, but hopefully it doesn't take another 13 years to find that one. lol

The one I kegged earlier today was put in the FV before new year, but the next one will go in on Sunday if I'm not too stuffed from tomorrow night... so obviously all brews from now on will be this year. I'm looking forward to that UK pale ale, I haven't brewed one for quite some time so hopefully it turns out well. I trialled the yeast on the batch that was kegged today, and a taste of the leftovers after kegging/bottling it was pretty good. Chinook gets a good wrap, but this is the first time I've used it as a stand alone hop, so it will be interesting to see how that turns out.

That sucks about your shoulder mate, hopefully it is all sorted out pretty soon!

Archived