Coopers Community

How To Talk Australians - Episode 2: GRUB

Beerlust

Oh on a second point: It should be named tucker' date=' not grub[/quote']

Yeah I was thinking the same, grub isn't aussie slang although most of our rhyming slang is Cockney in origin.

Anyhow I'm off to see the skin and blister with the trouble and strife.

i work with a couple of Indian blokes , put in on the TV in smoko room for one to watch and he near pi#$ed himself laughing !

Downside is he now talks very Australians and tells me im a F#$%^ng C@#t for no reason at all

suppose some of our more xenophobic "fit in or go home " brethren should meet him !

i work with a couple of Indian blokes ' date=' put in on the TV in smoko room for one to watch and he near pi#$ed himself laughing !

Downside is he now talks very Australians and tells me im a F#$%^ng C@#t for no reason at all

suppose some of our more xenophobic "fit in or go home " brethren should meet him ! [/quote']

Excellent.

Those that say all Australian's should fit in our go home should consider that if the original inhabitants had all that attitude & been better armed, none of us would be here!

G'day Brewers' date=' back in the 60's when most of you bludgers wern't even a twinkle or in nappies, (not PB2 or P2 "old buggers") there was a similar occurrence at that time. [img']wink[/img]

Cheers.

Classic, I read the Nino Culotta books as a kid, when some of the jokes went a bit over my head.

I have to say, as is all too often the case, the books were better than the movie.

Classic' date=' I read the Nino Culotta books as a kid, when some of the jokes went a bit over my head.

[b']I have to say, as is all too often the case, the books were better than the movie.[/b]

G'day Zaphod, I agree, I can still remember in one of the follow up "Nino Culotta books where he had been over doing it in the building trade and his doctor told him to go fishing and instead of relaxing, he basically took on commercial fishing mullet from small boats in the George's River using nets. rolleyes

It then went on to describe what happened when dressed in waders with the gum boots built in and braces, he went over the side of the boat head first, the waders filed with air and he bobbed about in terror until his offsider had to gaff him and drag him back on board. surprised

The way it was written was the funniest thing I read before "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". lol

Cheers.

Archived