Coopers Community

Beers on the High Seas

Scottie

Hey Brew Dudes

This past weekend I returned from my Cruising adventure aboard the Sea Princess. Being a Beer Snob I was preparing myself for 35 days of Wine and Bourbon. Surprised was I to discover that Princess had their own beer, Sea Witch IPA, heavilty hopped with American C hops and weighing in at 6% - It was a fair brew and I preferred it to the Fat Yak that was also available on board. I also managed to sample, read drink a few, two other famous beers that I had yet to sample. Bass Ale the world's original Pale Ale was enjoyable and a good example of an English beer and from Burton on Trent.

Also managed to clench my teeth and drink a few Grolsh's, not my preferred drop but an easy drinker with plenty of flavour given that I love Ales.

I managed to steer well clear of the staples that everyone else was drinking, i.e. VB, Crown, XXXX Gold, Carlton Draught and Corona. I did however on two occasions finish off a Dos Equis that SWMBO passed to me - by this stage I had almost forgotten what a good home brew tasted like so I could be excused for enjoying this brew.

On land in Hawaii I sampled an IPA and a Pale Ale from the Lahaina (Maui) Brewing Company, both were nice examples of the style.

I also had a beer in Sydney, 40 days ago, which was brewed locally it was damned nice [edit] and now I remember it was called Lord Nelson Three Sheets.

Cheers & Beers

Scottie

Valley Brew

Sounds like a lovely trip Scottie' date='

Do you know if they brew their Sea Witch IPA on board?

I've had a few of the Lord Nelson Three Sheets myself and don't mind it at all they serve it at a few pubs around Newcastle.

Cheers [/quote']

Hey Brownsworthy

According to the blurb on the label it is brewed in California. A West Coast IPA.

Cheers

Scottie

Do you know if they brew their Sea Witch IPA on board?

a quick google search reveals that : "Princess Cruises partnered with the award-winning Strike Brewing Company in San Jose, CA, to create the new Seawitch West Coast IPA. Come onboard to taste this new craft beer, exclusively available onboard Princess ships! "

I remember reading that one of the cruise ships intends to brew their own on board some time ago but can't remember which one

Love it - most people come back from holiday and bore the crap out of everyone with endless photos and home movies.

You come back and make no mention of anything other than everything you drank.

Hats off to you, Scottie smile

• 7 months later...

Archived