Coopers Community

New Brew - English Bitter

PB2

i was drivin doubles ross, for a company called lindsay bros transport.

i spent 16 years there, got the ass for head butting this stupid person.........best thing that ever happened to me, i wanted out years ago, just didnt have the courage to leave, was there since i left school, learnt all i know there!

they are big on the east coast and are working on adelaide.

ive only drove a road train once.

at the moment im driving fully automatic singles and rigids servicing woolies n frankilins stores in sydney n wollongong.

i make more money driving these than i did driving b-doubles.

im on a 4x10hr roster with a 5th day at double time rates optional.

i still get off on seeing a nice 904 or what have ya, but ill be suffed if i wanna drive it!

i was doing interstate at 23 years old , i think i done it all too quik, got sick of it.

ive run qld to vic down the back roads (newell n cobb hwys) in a bogey drive tri tri b-double, but it aint quite like the territory n sth aus n the weights n axles, like ya young blokes doing......he is in a whole different ball park!

cheerws

matt

p.s. i do know what its like too change a blow out in 45 degree heat :D .....i have earnt me stripes!! :wink:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good onya mate, I know what you are talking about, did a bit for one of my brothers years ago, singles carting grain mostly and I know all about changing tyres in the heat ...in the bush! still got a heavy licence but no desire to drive any of them, like you, I can make more money driving my Colorado ute than any truck driver makes driving all day and all bloody night, just so they can do it again! (Mind you I do have to do a bit when I get there.) Keep workin' on Paul, he might find you a spot offsiding to him...then you wouldn't give a stuff about the money side of it I'll bet! :wink:

Out bush for a week in the a.m. catch you next weekend mate.

Archived