Coopers Community

Mid North Coasties, Hunterites and Central Coasties

antiphile

Hope everyone weathered the storm overnight and is still going (although maybe a little less severe at the moment).

We've lost 8 panels from the colourbond fence, lots of really big branches from the gum trees etc. Neighbour had a good size gum tree blown over onto his neighbours house. Overnight winds to 135 km/hr; now up to 100 at a guess. Good surfing though. The BOM said they have a wave buoy about a kilometre out to sea and it sent readings of 11+ metre waves before it stopped working (a bit bigger than the Pasha Bulka storm). From 9 am yesterday, in 24 hours we only got 130 mm rain; so we're not quite yet out of drought! crying

Look out central coast, Sydney and Illawarra- it's heading your way . Should reach Sydney mid to late afternoon. Batten down the hatches.

Cheers

Phil

was a bit of a worry when i woke up to hear about the weather back home in newcastle and im stuck 1000 miles off the coast of japan, first big storm in the house since we brought it and i wasnt home, seems we got through unscathed though, others were not so lucky...

fortunately my beer was safe in the bunker below the house :)

G'day guys,

No power here since 5 this morning, fence has buckled and is coming down and have a street full of branches and the neighbors fences aren't going any better.

Hey Anti if you need a hand with the clean up I've got a couple of huski chainsaws that would make short work of those branches if needed.

Cheers

fortunately my beer was safe in the bunker below the house :)

I'm with you. An urgent phone call home to the child bride' date=' I hope, screaming "Stuff the water in the house, darling, just save the beer"! [img']lol[/img]

Brunhilda just told me she saw on the news there's now 3 people dead, some missing after being washed away, several houses in Dungog washed away or off stumps or something, 60,000 houses without power etc etc. Still some great wind gusts and I think I heard at least one more fence panel going for a wander. And to top it off, I don't own a surfboard.

Maybe I should go rockfishing this afternoon.

Edit added: Just saw your's Brownie. I've got one of those $99 electric "Ozito-type" chainsaws mate so it should be OK. I just need to get it back from a mate of mine who lives at Taro smile. But many thanks for the offer. BTW, we've still got power, so if you need anything kept frozen if it doesn't come back soon, or if there's anything else I can do for you or others, let me know, mate.

I hadn't thought of that one, Ben. Actually it would have been tolerable since the boys ended school holidays yesterday, except the bloody government closed all the schools here this morning., and tomorrow, and for heaven knows how long.

Even Brunhilda couldn't go to work 'cos there was no power. Someone save me!

Archived