Coopers Community

Adnam's Ghost Ship Pale Ale

Doomy

So I have a fishing trip coming up in a couple of months and I'm trying to get my beer sorted early as it's in NQ and I want to send my old man to pick my beer up before I get up there.

I was thinking Australian Brewery Pale Ale because it's in cans and I have had it before and enjoyed it with it's galaxy hops giving the Pacific Ale vibe.

While looking on Dan's at availability up north this pops up on the side bar.

Ghost Ship

So some big pluses here.

Still in a can so good for camping, 4.5% so should be reasonable sessionable.

And 440ml cans which works out bloody cheap if it's a nice pale ale!

Has anyone tried it?

Reviews online look pretty good and if Coopers thinks the Broadside is worth cloning thats a tick for the Ghost Ship I'm thinking.

I have had it, it is a nice drop. It is an English style pale ale so very different to the Australian Brewery Pale Ale.

I have been buying some beer in cans recently. Some good ones were:

Mountain Goat Summer Ale

Brew Dog Punk IPA

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

I find canned beer very fresh, I just don't drink straight from the can.

I find canned beer very fresh' date=' I just don't drink straight from the can.[/quote']

Think nano-keg and drink from glass. wink

Cheers.

I also like drinking on the can. It is the only place I can get some damn peace and quiet.

Yeah I will be taking a glass with me rather then drink out of the can.

Some of the boys will give me stick for that no doubt!

The website says they use american hops "we use Citra, and a blend of other American hop varieties to create some great citrus flavours" so I figured it was more leaning in the APA direction but I'm happy as long as it has good flavor.

Buying it two months in advance shouldn't be a problem in a can I would think?

Might have to see if I can grab a single or sixer from Dan's to try during the week.

The hopping is more American but the malt bill is more like an English beer.

Very nice beer though and you won't go wrong with it. Personally, I think it is a much better beer than the AB pale ale, for which I find the bittering a little bit harsh.

• 2 months later...

Just an update on this.

I bought a carton for the trip and at $55 for 24 x 440ml beer this has to be one of the best value drops around.

Beer is full of hops with lots of citrus, specifically to me orange peel.

Lovely white head and I could drink plenty of them (and did).

I actually picked up a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA on the clearance table ($16) while at Dan's and the Ghost Ship blew it away for hop flavor.

Two thumbs up!

I actually picked up a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA on the clearance table ($16) while at Dan's and the Ghost Ship blew it away for hop flavor.

That's rather surprising! Maybe the Torpedo was past its best hence it being on the clearance table. Every time I've had it, it definitely has a more potent hop flavour than the Ghost Ship.

Archived