Coopers Community

What ever happened to TonyW

Scottie

That's the thing about cyber space. Sure people come and go, posting one or five times but what about long term posters. When they stop without warning you have no idea about where they went. TonyW, the Stout Man, stocked up for his annual holiday back in 2012 and never reappeared here. Tony was around for almost 12 months and 534 posts.

I wonder

Cheers & Beers

Scottie

Valley Brew

G'day, I'm sorry I don't know why TonyW no longer posts here, I've only been around just under a year and over time and reading through past posts I got a feeling that "something happened" and just before I turned up the Coopers sight was upgraded and changed and I had the feeling then that some were put off by that. sad

Cheers.

I have no idea what happened to TonyW, but can say from my own experience, that it could be as simple as sometimes you want to post, sometimes you read posts asking for advice that prompt you to respond, and sometimes there's nothing much doing on the forum or with your brewing that you really feel the need to discuss here.

Most likely Tony got his technique down pat, is satisfied with what he's doing, and doesn't feel the need to participate in the forum anymore, perhaps nothing more complex than that, and nothing personal against anyone.

I drift back and forth depending on what's doing, and no one seems to make a fuss of that.

Not that I think I've ruffled too many feathers, or found my BFF on this site.

• 1 year later...

Hi all

what happened? time lol i havent had time to build guitars, go metal detecting, brew beer and work in a high stress job, so the easiest thing to do was stop brewing, and just buy designer beers, mainly I.P.A, more hops the better these days.

The brewing bug is starting to get to me again, i have changed my job in the last 2 months to a more relaxed one and still have my kit except i ditched all those horrible coppers plastic bottles.

Might start a brew soon, anyway, i will go have a read at what people are up to, and get to some brewing ideas for myself.

I don't know who's around from the old days, it was a lot of fun back then, hopefully i can get some good ideas, once i get back to brewing.

cheers

Welcome back Tony! Good to see the hiatus was nothing of a serious nature. biggrin

Thanks for the welcome mate!!

no nothing too serious here' date=' nothing to do with the forum at least.

My neighbour across the road is still full on brewing, his setup is huge now, in hindsight i am glad i didn't get that big, although my plans were to head that way, he brews all day on his brew day and cant leave home when hes setup, makes nice beer though [img']love[/img]. I am too active to sit around here all day watching the beer cook whistling

Welcome back Tony! Good to see the hiatus was nothing of a serious nature. biggrin

Thanks for the welcome mate!!

no nothing too serious here' date=' nothing to do with the forum at least.

My neighbour across the road is still full on brewing, his setup is huge now, in hindsight i am glad i didn't get that big, although my plans were to head that way, he brews all day on his brew day and cant leave home when hes setup, makes nice beer though [img']love[/img]. I am too active to sit around here all day watching the beer cook whistling

Good to see you back Tony

Time no use once it's wasted. I know where you are coming from, I've only done 7 brews this year, two of those were kits and one was fresh wort.

Based on your Mornington Pale Ale we both now that you don't have to "cook" beer to brew good beer.

Good luck

Cheers & Beers

Scottie

Valley Brew

Archived