Coopers Community

Which beer geek are you?

ICzed

Hi Mark.

I actually hadn't seen this before. Pretty funny stuff. cool

If I had to pick one, I'd say I reckon I'm like that blonde guy in the denim jacket too! wink

I did like the comment from the "F*&% Imports..." guy.

"Woooah! That is hideously infected!...unless it's a Lambic in which case it's awesome!"

lol

Cheers,

Anthony.

If I had to pick one' date=' I'd say I reckon I'm like that blonde guy in the denim jacket too! [img']wink[/img]............

No way Anthony

You're the guy in the black tee-shirt who wants enough hops to strip the enamel off his teeth. You know like 200g worth.

biggrin

Good Hops

Scottie

If I had to pick one' date=' I'd say I reckon I'm like that blonde guy in the denim jacket too! [img']wink[/img]............

No way Anthony

You're the guy in the black tee-shirt who wants enough hops to strip the enamel off his teeth. You know like 200g worth.

biggrin

Good Hops

Scottie

It was a toss up, between those two, & I could only pick one. pouty

Cheers,

Anthony.

They seem more like beer w@nkers than beer geeks!

I'm not like that at all.

Too Bad Ben

I am like them all, but as I have to choose one it is the Denim Jacket I guy. I said this to a local wine maker just last week "Craft Beer is as complex as Wine you know".

Cheers

Scottie

They seem more like beer w@nkers than beer geeks!

I'm not like that at all.

Too Bad Ben

I am like them all' date=' but as I have to choose one it is the Denim Jacket I guy. I said this to a local wine maker just last week "Craft Beer is as complex as Wine you know".

Cheers

Scottie[/quote']

Having reconsidered, if pushed I'd be with you Scottie; "Craft beer IS as complex as Wine you know."

- Certainly there are more ingredients, and the process of turning grains, sugars, yeast and hops into beer is quite a bit more complicated than harvesting grapes, washing them, crushing them, and giving them a yeast starter, and letting the crushed grapes work it out for themselves.

I get that all brewing and fermenting is as much art as science, but you rarely get the complexities and subtleties of a well made craft (or home brew for that matter) beer, in a wine.

Having said that, of course there are more complex and more subtle wines, but not as much of a range in flavours as you can get with a well made beer.

Besides; how often do you come across a wine - even a smaller production wine, that doesn't have additives and preservatives, not to mention histamines from when they press the grapes too strongly and release the muck from the seeds, just so they can get more productivity and shelf life?

That's one of the reasons I prefer craft or home brew beer; no additives, no preservatives, and no allergens (unless you have an issue with hops, yeast, or malt).

It's also why I steer clear of megaswill; I can notice the difference, not just in taste, but in the way my body reacts to the crappy additives they put in that vile concoction; could be I'm getting old, could be my body is getting more reactive to nasty chemicals, but I reckon you can't go past a good well made beer with all natural ingredients.

None of the above. I guess I'm not a geek.smile

C'mon Skookum' date=' take the lumber jacket off for just 1 minute & I reckon you could pass for the bearded bloke in the video! [img']lol[/img]

Nar, Mate! That ain't me! Like I says... I ain't none o' those blokes!bandit

lol

Lookout' date=' Can Can Man

I think Lusty is making a pass at you. If he types what he really wants, he'll be addressing you as Schnookum very soon! [img']w00t[/img]whistling

The easiest way to reply to that Phil, is by pretty much repeating Chad's last reply...

Nar, Mate! That ain't me! Like I says… I ain't one o' those blokes! bandit

You can end your Google search for suitably priced chastity belts now Phil. wink

Cheers,

Anthony.

Archived