Coopers Community

Coopers Pale Ale

Guzz

What a great beer it is. I really love it.

For me, it is great sessionable beer, I seem to able to just keep enjoying it, it drinks so easy. Too easy.

If I was forced to critisise it, like being waterboarded or something, I would say add just a little more hops, maybe galaxy ?

Either that or just keep making just the way it is smile

Bloody lovely beer.

Haven't ried a Coopers Sparkling Ale in ages, I think with my new improved educated pallette, I will try it again very soon.

There a number of other beers in the Coopers range...can anyone recommend one to try ?

Maybe a mixed case is the go.

Cheers

I much prefer the Sparkling Ale to the Pale Ale; it hits you a little harder though biggrin

If you drink the pale ale too cold then it is a little bland but if you let it warm up a little it is much nicer. The flavour from the yeast comes out more.

But I have found that most pubs that have it on tap serve it way too cold.

If you drink the pale ale too cold then it is a little bland but if you let it warm up a little it is much nicer. The flavour from the yeast comes out more.

But I have found that most pubs that have it on tap serve it way too cold.

Yeah' date=' you're right, yesterday when I was drinking it while doing my lamb on the spit, I was pouring into glass, nice warm sunny day, it was just great not super cold.

Who'd o thought it? a warmer beer that is better!

Must be the little bit of pommie in me.[img']smile[/img]

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are spot on ,just sitting here enjoying a homebrewed Australian bitter kit with US05 the rest just standard kit and got to second Tallie or was that the third? and didn't have a chance to cool it as cold as I normally do and noticed a lot better head on beer and better flavour and realized I have been drinking too cold I have learnt something tonight cheers Tezza. Also a big fan of Coopers Sparkling Ale myself Yum!

What temp is the best

G'day Courtkase' date=' I don't think there is some magical BEST temp to drink beer.

Different styles of beer, different circumstances, different individuals, well you get it, many variables.

You the drinker need to try the beer you drink a different temperatures and find out how you like it.

Or just wait for someone to tell you what it should be and join the herd.( no offence intended)

Enjoy your beer. [img']wink[/img]

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Traditionally Aussies drink their beer cold, usually at about 4 - 7c, but as others have stated, different beers taste different at different temps.

The poms drink their beers at room temp, and often baulk at the idea of having a beer from the fridge.

Of course there is also the trend that did the rounds of the pubs having beer super chilled (Tooheys super chilled on tap for example), where the beer would come out of the tap at about 1 - 3c, but of course by the time you get it to your place at the bar or table it may be slightly warmer; so it was little more than a gimmick to sell the particular beer.

The reality is, no matter how cold it's poured, it gets warm as it sits in the glass, and unless you scoff it down within a minute or so, you can appreciate how the flavour changes as it warms up, then decide for yourself what is the best temp.

That said, I would expect brewing temp may impact on the best drinking temp; ales brew warmer, lagers colder, so you could follow nature and drink your ales warmer and your lagers cooler, as is the tradition in some places.

If you're really pedantic you could stick a thermometer in your glass, and note your perceptions of the subtle change temps make to flavour, but for me I just keep a glass in the fridge, and pour my beer into the chilled glass.

I like my beer cold, but it's habit and conditioning, rather than a particular preference, though I wouldn't be too keen on a room temp beer (other than when taste testing from a new batch whilst bottling etc).

• 2 weeks later...

For me, the best beer Coopers make is their Best Extra Stout. A simply wonderful beer. I have seen that they supply some Adelaide pubs with aged stout kegs, they even have a different tap badge. It's like this one..

6753312C-FA7A-45F9-ABC8-E389EF5D2DE4_zpsvg55pbhv.jpg

I drank some aged stout at the Grace last winter and it was absolutely sublime. I hope they put it on again this winter.

The stout is also a favourite amongst some well known American craft brewers. And Youtube's best beer reviewer, Greg of Greg's beer reviews loved it.

You can watch that here -

I wish Coopers would bloody re release Special Old Stout. I'm definitely not the first to request it!!

Archived