Coopers Community

Marketing genius

Wouldn't is be brilliant if you offered your loyal Coopers brewers a second FV at a seriously sharp rate so they ended up using twice your product (brew tins, fermentables, accessories etc)? Have to be a business case for that.

:)

(Smiley face means joking, sort of).

Seriously, thanks for a great product range and outstanding web presence (Forum, recipes etc). I'm hooked.

Seriously' date=' thanks for a great product range and outstanding web presence (Forum, recipes etc). I'm hooked.[/quote']

+1

As an experienced web developer/designer, one thing I know and understand is that quality content is king.

This content(forum,recipes,shop etc) on this website is quality. That's not to say it can't be improved, always room for that, but this site is good, no doubt. I suspect there are way more readers than posters on these forums, but the info is good.

The more people using and posting on this forum the better is will be. I must have read 100+ posts before asking a question as many questions have been asked already, but don't let that put anyone off from asking anything at all, just take the time to search and read too :)

Cheers

Yes Greg H. Had 25 years in traditional publishing, spending the last couple on digital strategy. Now Corp Comms. (let's play spot the newspaper company)

Coopers web strategy is distilled smartness.

Content is king.

Content created by community = both relevant and free (apart from moderators web dev etc)

Community = loyalty built around common interests => brand loyalty.

=> retail (have just ordered my next three brews from the comfort of the couch).

Above all, my first four, very nervous brewing experiences have been positive, thanks to the collective wisdom of the forum.

Had any of those gone bad the FV may have ended up in the shed.

All of this = brand ambassador.

Priceless.

I don't know how sharp you want the pricing for a second fermenter, but they are available on the online store for $49-90.

Another option is to get one from a hardware store like Bunnings. They have water containers used for camping etc. for a fair bit cheaper.

It pays to have a look around.

Don't forget the 10% discount for Coopers Club members and free shipping for orders over $80 wink

So I log in tonight - having ordered a bunch of other stuff last night - to order a 2nd FV and the Scotch Ale - (taking things over the $80 mark) only to find out its been SOLD OUT!

What's the emoticon for fainting.

In the immortal words of Joe Camelleri: "Life is a bitter disappointment...."

:)

(Smiley face means joking, sort of....yes).

Sigh.

support your LHBS, (if you have one close). It all cost you fick all more and you put food on someone else's plate. They already under pressure from the supermarkets and now the company they support.

support your LHBS' date=' (if you have one close). It all cost you fick all more and you put food on someone else's plate. They already under pressure from the supermarkets and now the company they support. [/quote']

Yes - have done Nick.

Since being introduced to home brewing via Coopers DIY, I've been to LHBS for a brew belt, different fermentable mixes, hops and the like.

The thing I think we miss with franchises like DIY is that it's not competition - it grows the pie.

I just wouldn't be brewing (successfully) if not for the infrastructure established here.

I'd still be buying export brews by the carton, and I don't see any upside for LHBS from that.

G'day one and all,

I'm all for supporting the LHBS and I do, but I need them to be reasonably priced and their stock needs to be stored correctly and they need to have a sensible range of products. I'm lucky mine is close and OK, that said I shop for ingredients else where also.

Getting back on topic, saw this on Craig Tube HBW last week,

what say you P2B ?? Recipe of The Month kits?, are ROTM available OS ?

Got to go do some online shopping at Coopers store, I need a few things. wink

On responsive customer service, proactive marketing, and quality products, I've got to give Coopers full marks. I'm an unabashed fan of how this company does business, both in retail and DIY beer.

On the topic of LHBS, in the past I have traveled to less-than-local shops because of some outrageous price rorting. But since moving down the road from the Keg King distributor warehouse... I am a happy brewer!!

support your LHBS' date=' (if you have one close). It all cost you fick all more and you put food on someone else's plate. They already under pressure from the supermarkets and now the company they support. [/quote']

It's all well and good to support your LHBS but if they can't be arsed supporting their customers with product and service they can get stuffed. My money goes north of the border to Ross in Brisbane.

Archived