Coopers Community

I'm back

Mainiac

Been traveling again and now back home. We are in winter and having a tough go of it.

We recently had a bad ice storm ( rain that freezes on contact). 50000 people without electricity

which means not power lights water or heat ). currently -30 c with a wind chill of - 40 -50 c

good lagering weather ;)

As some of you know I ride snowmobiles a lot but this season I have been grounded since I rolled my sled at about 40-50 mph and this is how my arm looks

photo.JPG

Hopefully I can recover soon and my wife lets me out to play

currently -30 c with a wind chill of - 40 -50 c

good lagering weather ;)

As some of you know I ride snowmobiles a lot but this season I have been grounded since I rolled my sled at about 40-50 mph and this is how my arm looks

OUCH!

Welcome back Mainiac - maybe best you stay indoors for a while :-)

We're currently at the other extreme here - X marks my spot. Red figures are temperature (Celcius)' date=' blue ones the wind speed and direction, and the green ones are the rain!!!

Good DRINKING weather...

vtvb.jpg

Yikes. I'm glad I'm near Newcastle (Aus) today. My brother-in-law is at Summerholm, my sister-in-law at Boonah, my parents at Brisbane, and I lived for 12 years in Towwoomba. I just hope Maniac is staying inside and keeping warm (I was in Mitchell, Western Qld when it was -10C three nights in a row and that was not much fun), and Ramjet doesn't have any brews down at the moment.

Take care wherever you are!

Shame on me - I've not been keeping my profile/brewery fully up to date. For privacy reasons, I morphed yesterday from RogerH4 to Ramjet, but I do in fact have a beautiful winter brew fermenting at 13C at present - 'Mr Sinister'. (Now if only the brew fridge was bigger, I could "sit in the fridge for 24hrs" with it!!!)

Had a nice session yesterday afternoon (also a hot stinker of a day) - One of my new Steam Beers, followed by a nice clean straight 'Lager' after I'd done my quota of outside work for the day, and rounded off with a georgeous ESVA while I watched a movie on telly.

Next stop - 'My Profile" ...

That is very harsh weather there Mainiac. :(

Do you guys have your own backup generator there? I've heard they are a good idea given the conditions you guys sometimes experience in the winters there, with power outages etc.

Petrol-based, car/truck battery started.

As for the arm bruising, stop trying the full back-flip on the snowmobile in a last ditch attempt to make the Winter Olympics team! Hehehe! :D

Cheers & good lagering (since you can't do much else atm!) :P

Seriously, stay warm, & stay safe Mainiac.

Anthony.

I do have a back up generator and a wood pellet stove. The only problem is last time we lost power I did not think to move my beer out of the basement and up stairs. I froze a bunch of it

:( It is suppose to warm up to -10 celsisus tomorrow so I should be in shorts washing the a car.

ps is there a way I do not have to type in my log on everytime? The old site I never had to

I hate sleds!! I'm often asked to do some rediculous stuff on a sled for the sake of getting to work. I'd say that operating a sled has injured me more often that any other aspect of my job.

I think people who snowmobile for fun are crazy! I'm glad I get paid to do it, although it's still not enough.

I don't own a sled of my own and I don't think I ever will.

Archived