Coopers Community

The twelve beers of Christmas

PB2

The last one, sniff...

Well, it was actually the first beer I tasted out of the dozen but that was before the "Twelve beers of Christmas" idea struck.

Frog's Breath - this is all fresh citrus and marmalade hop aromas (you can never have too much Centennial!), medium body with a balance of malt/hop tending slightly toward the bitter end of the scale. The label says it also has Kaffir lime leaves, orange and lemon zest.

A very drinkable IPA but, at 6.5% ABV, one is enough.

77c1.jpg

That was a bit of fun!

To be honest, I found the adventure to be somewhat arduous as there were too many high alcohol brews in the bunch. Fortunately, we had some cool weather, which helped with drinking the dark imperial brews.

My pick of the dozen, if I only had enough money in my pocket to buy one bottle - Half a World Away Imperial Red Ale.

A very close second - the "super sub" Sorachi Ace Saison.

My choice of a "session beer" - I wanna say Bitter and Twisted but I would still like to see a fresher version of this to be convinced.

Dave, we don't have PMs on this forum - didn't have them on the previous site. Although, as I recall, we did ask for PMs on this new forum. I still hold out hope.

Yep, I was at Kawana...

You are welcome to start a topic and others may join in on the conversation.

or

If it's more of a customer service issue, send an email to customerservice@coopers.com.au

:-)

• 4 weeks later...
Hmm' date=' image shack has upgraded itself and I'm having a bit of trouble with managing the phot size.

Sorachi Ace - firstly, I have to admit that this beer is not part of the dozen. I bought it to replace one of the dozen, a wood aged strong ale, which is set aside to share with the bloke who gifted them to me.

A saison brewed with Sorachi Ace hops, 'tis a lively bugga with aromas of lemon and I get a hint of vanilla. Soft mouthfeel, finishing dry with an aftertaste subtly like juniper berry but they're not mentioned on the label.

At 7.6% ABV, it's a bit slippery but considering it is primary fermented with a Belgian yeast and secondary with champagne yeast, I reckon it was an excellent "bubbly" for welcoming 2014!

[img']https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/735x549q90/39/emut.JPG[/img]

After first reading this post I picked up a bottle of this Sorachi Ace. It's been in my fridge for a while now waiting the right time to try. Well, that time was last evening.

Man, I must say that PB2 is right on the money when he rated this one #2 of the 12 Beers of Christmas! What a nice, smooth, easy drinking 7ish% ABV beer this is. Beautiful head and dry finish!smile.

Archived