Coopers Community

Chocolate stout

BenD1

I have resently been given a coopers stout as a gift and I am not the biggest fan of stout thought I might give a Choclate Stout a go as that sound like it might be nice. Does anyone have any good recipes for a chocolate or double chocolate stout or any tips that they can give me

I haven't tried it but this one is in the recipe database.

Choc Liqueur Stout

+1 to what Hairy said.

As simply another way of looking at your situation, you can reduce the impact of the kit tin by NOT adding large amounts of extra fermentable ingredients on top of the kit tin in the same ferment volume listed (23 litres). By no means am I suggesting that you completely add the kit tin to approx. 22-23 litres of water, mix it & ferment it, but by limiting the amounts & types of added fermentables to the kit in this volume, you will take the overall flavour further away from that true "stout taste" into something possibly in a style approaching an ESB (Extra Special Bitter).

Another thought is to use half of the contents of the kit tin over two separate brews.

Some of the guys on the forum may have some suggestions on how best to do this starting out with the stout kit tin.

Good luck with whatever you decide to brew.

Cheers,

Anthony.

I did a toucan choc stout a couple of years ago:

2x Coopers Stout cans/300g choc grain/100g roasted barley/1kg dex/500g LDM/Nottingham yeast/made to 22 litres. OG 1078 FG 1018, about 8.3%

By my notes: took at least four months to be approachable, by seven months was good. The roasted barley got lost. I was happy but not overwhelmed with it.

But I can seriously recommend getting a can of Dark Ale and combining it with the stout can...

Archived