Coopers Community

Best of 2012 at Log Cabin Brewery

That's bizarre dude, but you can rule out underpitching. I regularly under pitch my big beers and have used a single pack of dry yeast on 1.060ish beers many times over and had fantastic carb, even if the beer could have been better.

How's your capping bell? I had to replace mine recently as it was not sealing the twist offs at all. I didn't realise it was wearing out, as I only use pry offs, but I bottled a batch of twisties for Dad and they all went flat.

Are your bottles twisties?

Sorry mate' date=' I only know the questions not the answers [biggrin']

I should have seen that one coming. [pinched] Chalk another one up for yourself Hairy! [lol]

That's bizarre dude' date=' but you can rule out underpitching. I regularly under pitch my big beers and have used a single pack of dry yeast on 1.060ish beers many times over and had fantastic carb, even if the beer could have been better.[/quote']

Thanks for the re-assurance on that one Philbo. I figured I'd be fine, but when looking for answers, it pays to mention anything & everything you can remember with the brew that might be something contributing to the problem. [innocent]

Are your bottles twisties?

Predominantly, Yes.

How's your capping bell? I had to replace mine recently as it was not sealing the twist offs at all. I didn't realise it was wearing out' date=' as I only use pry offs, but I bottled a batch of twisties for Dad and they all went flat.[/quote']

A very plausible possibility Philbo. [rightful] And since Hairy has run out of gas (much like my said beer in question), I'll look into that. (Yes I've already taken the liberty of adding a point to myself for that one Hairy! [tongue] )

I've bottled one brew since the one in question, so will see if the same carbonation problem appears in that. If it does, then the capping bell may well need replacing.

Good call Philbo.

Thank you both.

Anthony.

And since Hairy has run out of gas (much like my said beer in question)' date=' I'll look into that. (Yes I've already taken the liberty of adding a point to myself for that one Hairy! [tongue'] )

If you ask my wife she will tell you that I am definitely full of gas [wink]

That one is worth half a point at most [rightful]

Archived