Coopers Community

authentic ipa

Nick

I think the Brewcraft calculator includes the alcohol from the priming sugar.

FYI

i recieved an email from the Brewcraft guys, and they said the calculator doesnt allow for priming sugar. so that make the Authentic IPA 7.1% or there abouts?

i havent got the program on my computer yet, but tell me what the sg readings should be and i'll compare them to the actual. i plan on starting the brew this weekend.

it will be kit can, 1kg LDM, 500gm dex, 20 litres H2O and a lot of love.

cheers

Cheers Kelsey, you are correct, you do need to be a member. they are not taking web based applications because of spam etc. so i have contacted them via email and will download the program if they let me in[joyful]

Ok' date=' well I removed some hops from the spreadsheet that I'd had in there for another recipe and it dropped the ABV by 0.1% for some reason[roll'] Anyway, according to it the OG should be 1054, FG 1010 and 6.2% ABV.

OG was 1055 Kelsey

Also, I think you need to be a member on AHB to download the spreadsheet.

I think the Brewcraft calculator includes the alcohol from the priming sugar.

FYI

i recieved an email from the Brewcraft guys, and they said the calculator doesnt allow for priming sugar. so that make the Authentic IPA 7.1% or there abouts?

If you go to the Brewcraft calculator and change the fermenter volume to say 23 litres without including any ingredients it says you have an OG of 1, a FG of 1 and an alcohol content of 0.5% so I'd say it does include bottle priming in the calculations.

Well muddy, after only 12 hours i had about 3 inches of foam, there were clouds of yeast particles going ape sh!t and the aroma was divine. 6%,6.5% or 7%, who cares, as long as it tastes the way i'm imagining it too, is all that matters.[joyful]

Archived