Coopers Community

CRAIGTUBE'S SS MINNOW MILD ALE

Trusty1

g'day brewers

I watched Craigtubes latest attempt at brewing recently

and it actually resulted in a decent looking/sounding beer, especially for someone like my Dad who loves a dark beer, like I do, but due to illness has been warned off drinking (too much anyway!)

Here is his recipe (converted from lb & oz to metric).

\u2022\t1 kg Pale Ale Malt

\u2022\t85 gms Choc Malt

\u2022\t310 gms Crystal 60

\u2022\t170 gms Crystal 120

\u2022\t85 gms Brown Malt

\u2022\t1 can pale liquid Malt extract

\u2022\t30 gms Kent Goldings @ 60 mins

\u2022\tWhitelabs Irish Ale Yeast WLP_004

If doing this brew I'd suggest just using your normal partial/mini mash technique.

Craig said OG 1038, FG 1012

I've ordered ingredients as close as possible and will be brewing it in the next few weeks.

Will keep you updated.

Unfiltered beer is very very good for you in ahem cough cough moderation, and is often given to very sick people to aid recovery. Good luck with the brew. I'm in contact with Craig several times a week if you need/want to ask him anything. Cheers 17

... I'm in contact with Craig several times a week if you need/want to ask him anything.

Ooh really? I like his videos - they've been very helpful to me!!

Could you ask him to do a video on different techniques to add various different flavours (like chocolate, honey, coffee, lemon ... anything he can think of) to beers? Also, tell him that I'm from Adelaide and so if he doesn't I'll go and burn down the Coopers factory.

Also' date=' tell him that I'm from Adelaide and so if he doesn't I'll go and burn down the Coopers factory.[/quote']

[roll]

lol . Yes, I am a member of the 17 brew crew, as is Craig, and will let him know for you. The monthly meeting is on Monday, I'll mention it to him then, if not before. Cheerz!!

• 3 weeks later...

Handy to know about the 17 brew crew, I watched a lot of Craigs Youtube clips and as a first time, 3 brews down brewer he has given me a lot of great tips, as well as the many I have gained from this forum. The partial mash one posted here might actually give me some confidence to give it a shot. [biggrin]

If I remember right,that was his first all grain brew. It was good to actually see how it's done. So I'll have my 1st partial mash kit coming in today from midwestsupplies. Gotta get a couple new heating elements for the old electric stove & I'm good to go. Gotta find my old tripod so I can shoot a video of it.

Good luck with the partial Leonard.

I have done a few partials recently and they are great. Perhaps it is my imagination but there is a freshness to them. Now I am looking forward to gearing up for AG.

What is in the partial mash kit?

Archived