Coopers Community

Trench Digging Draught.

Hey guys,

I have a trench to dig & while I procrastinate, I would like to develop a Brew which would be perfect to slam down after digging a trench.

I'm looking for something around 4.5% ABV, not overly floral, fruity or too bitter, just a nice crisp lager/ draught.

Any suggestions please!

Im drinking the Vanilla cream ale from a coopers recipe card SWMBO picked for me (its not in there online recipes I just checked). Its verrry nice almost too easy to drink and very refreshing

http://www.coopers.com.au/the-brewers-guild/talk-brewing?g=posts&t=1712

I cant taste the vanilla nor the maple much but they definately add a smoothness which literally makes the ale glide down the throat....

Hey guys,

I have a trench to dig & while I procrastinate, I would like to develop a Brew which would be perfect to slam down after digging a trench.

I'm looking for something around 4.5% ABV, not overly floral, fruity or too bitter, just a nice crisp lager/ draught.

Any suggestions please!

The Coopers APA is a great base for this sort of recipie because of it's reasonably low bitterness. Try that with 1 kg of ldm, 25g of East Kent Goldings boiled for 20 minutes, then 25 more dry hopped. I find that produces a very nice easy drinking pale ale.

Hey guys,

Any suggestions please!

The Coopers APA is a great base for this sort of recipie because of it's reasonably low bitterness. Try that with 1 kg of ldm, 25g of East Kent Goldings boiled for 20 minutes, then 25 more dry hopped. I find that produces a very nice easy drinking pale ale.

A great base, and a great price this week at under 10 bucks at Big W.

Archived