Coopers Community

Eyrish Red

TonyW

Hairy, would you like a job at Manly Vale Brewing Inc.? Could be advertising manager!

What's the salary Warren? Actually I think I will stick with freelance marketing.

Tony, for having your thread hijacked I will give you a tagline for your brewery for free:

"TonyW's Brewery, Brewin' and Chewin' fine stouts since 1876"

Sorry, I don't know how old you are so I took a guess [biggrin]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Cracked one tonight, it has been 14 days in the primary and 14 days in the secondary fermenter, my new OZTOP pressure-retaining device. It appears to have worked very well, the 75g of sugar in the secondary seems to have produced enough CO2 to push the air out and kept the Red from oxidising. The brew has only been in the bottle 4 days and is a little short on carbonating but should carb up in another week.

I would say that the bulk ageing worked very well. the last Irish I made was not this good after 5 weeks in the bottle. I will be doing this bulk ageing in future with all my brews. Might have to buy another fermenter.

workingzl.jpg

Cracked one tonight, it has been 14 days in the primary and 14 days in the secondary fermenter, my new OZTOP pressure-retaining device. It appears to have worked very well, the 75g of sugar in the secondary seems to have produced enough CO2 to push the air out and kept the Red from oxidising. The brew has only been in the bottle 4 days and is a little short on carbonating but should carb up in another week.

I would say that the bulk ageing worked very well. the last Irish I made was not this good after 5 weeks in the bottle. I will be doing this bulk ageing in future with all my brews. Might have to buy another fermenter.

workingzl.jpg

Sounds good Warren !!

Nothing like an experiment that comes off [biggrin]

Cracked another tonight, now 11 days in the bottle. Good head, crystal clear down to the bottom, nicely matured. [love] [love]

I have another brew maturing in the Wostop Secondary Fermenter,its been in 7 days and still producing CO2 from the 75g of sugar i put in the secondary. Think I could get away with 50g.

Ok Tony, go for it but let them know I need as payment a Coopers genuine PLASTIC HYRDOMETER .[crying] [crying]

Also the Red is quite nice but i think jus a little more bitter, not much would be better.

Maybe cut the syrup to 300 might do the trick.[love] [love]

Ok Tony' date=' go for it but let them know I need as payment a Coopers genuine PLASTIC HYRDOMETER .[crying'] [crying]

Also the Red is quite nice but i think jus a little more bitter, not much would be better.

Maybe cut the syrup to 300 might do the trick.[love] [love]

I might do the kit again with the Bitter and leve the Syrup at 500 ( overly bitter beers arnt my thing)but play with a few of the other ingreedients. I intend mess with alot of grains over winter, at the moment i havent time and am just getting enought bottles stored for my Holidays is March.

Archived