Coopers Community

TC Draught

JarrodN

Hi I'm probably going to cop a lot of S*** from this post but here goes. I have a friend that loves west end draught and want to put a brew down for him... (I may also be fond of it). I have a can of TC Draught and want to try and make something similar, does anyone have any recipes out there? Am I better off getting a normal coopers draught?

You're joking aren't you Jarrod? Why on earth would you want to make West End Draught [sick] . Why don't you just piss in a jar?

Just kidding mate [biggrin] ..I've never even heard of West End Draught so I'll just go back to my corner [innocent]

At a guess the OS Draught would be better than the TC Draught as the TC Draught is cascade hopped.

You may find a slight modification to the True Aussie Bitter produces a beer in a similar style to West End draught. Make it to 25 litres and add an extra 200g of dextrose/sugar. Try to ferment in the mid to high teens.

Is that is seems very simple? I was going to ask about any hops to add but are the Thomas Coopers cans already hopped?

The kit is bittered with PoR in the brewhouse and a squirt of ISO is injected into the can during packaging. So, this should be all the hops you need - I don't detect any hop aroma with West End Draught...

That's a bit harsh Muddy [rightful]

I've used West End on the barbie to give the onions a bit of colour & flavour.

(That's about all it's good for) [crying]

Jarrod, I reckon you may have to start educating your mate in the finer art of drinking better beer, something with a bit of taste.

Hey guys and muddy. When I was younger, about 25 years ago we used to drink nothing else in Sydney but westend draught. Due to the price not the taste. http://www.westenddraught.com.au/

The only beer that I think I got a worse hangover from is the famous coopers red.. CSA is serious hangover material for me. And that's coming from guy who could and used to drink silver bullets all night and not get a hangover.

Yeah Craig we used to drink it for that same reason but now it's not really that cheap so it was pretty easy to change my beer...

and Greg the day my mate stops drinking west end is the day he dies I have never seen him drink anything else except when we were in NSW and couldn't find some so he resorted to VB.

I've always been partial to CSA but it wasn't common in Sydney pubs when I was a young fella out on the town (It still isn't overly common unfortunately). So I come before you all today to admit, hat in hand, that I am a reformed VB drinker [sick]

I hope you wont think less of me than you already do [innocent]

When I was younger it was only Tooheys or CUB beers on tap at pubs in Sydney.

I think I must have been an old man and a young mans body because I was a Tooheys Old drinker.

It's still my beer of choice when I go to a pub with a limited selection.

About what Muddy said... could any of you describe the main difference in taste between the OS Draught and the TC draught. Was thinking of doing it for my next brew (first time with any draught).

Thanks

Warren, I thought you were exagerating about the Steam Ale. I like the Mountain Goat Hightail Ale so I figured the Steam Ale couldn't be that bad.

I tried one at a pub last week and I struggled to finish it (I paid for it so I wasn't going to waste it even if it was bad).

I've read that it isn't indicative of other steam beers. Steam beers are usually brewed with lager yeast at warmer temperatures. The Mountain Goat Steam Ale is brewed with ale yeast at cooler temps.

They should have gone with the former.

Archived