Coopers Community

PILSENER

weggl

lagers. coopers Pilsner kit comes with a genuine lager yeast. Great beer, just make it to the recipe in the how to section, or close enough to it, maybe with a bit more dex or malt to up the ABV. Sensational!

I have one written down but haven't tried it. (I have a fresh AG Zcech Pilsner wort to do [love] )

The recipe was something like:

1 can Thomas Coopers Pilsner

650g LDME

300g Dextrose

10g Saaz @ 15 min

10g Saaz @ flame out

I can't give credit to the person who gave this recipe as I can't remember where it come from now.

Bugger me Matty' date=' its allmost cold enough in Sydney at the moment, you wait any longer in Blainey you'll need a heater to get up to 15C.[lol']

Yeah it gets pretty cold. Apparently the maximum temperature today will be 13C. I might be pushing to keep the current brew fermenting.

When I got home yesterday it was 17C on the side of the fermenter and still going so it may be ok.

As I mentioned' date=' I haven't tried this recipe yet but would assume it is something like an Urquell.[/quote']

Excellent thanks BillK. I mainly ask because I enjoy Urquell, but I think Pilseners like Tooheys taste like something out of the toilet. I've never had the Coopers version.

As with MattyA I need to wait another month or two for the temp to drop in my garage to get this happening!

Oh Beer Baron' date=' you obviously don't know Blayney weather very well. I will only have to wait another fortnight [lol'] . Everywhere else in Australia seems to be warmer then here [annoyed]

Hrrrmmm I don't know about that.... it's pi**ing down here in Tassie and I looked out my kitchen window this morning and took a pic of the neighbour, so I thought I might share it...

freddo2.gif

As I mentioned' date=' I haven't tried this recipe yet but would assume it is something like an Urquell.[/quote']

Excellent thanks BillK. I mainly ask because I enjoy Urquell, but I think Pilseners like Tooheys taste like something out of the toilet. I've never had the Coopers version.

As with MattyA I need to wait another month or two for the temp to drop in my garage to get this happening!

I hadn't tried an Urquell until recently, and I think the kit and some malt and dex give a very close match the commercial Urquell.

...and it's been 13-15C in Goulburn for 3 days! While the first frost usually coincides with ANZAC day.

...and it's been 13-15C in Goulburn for 3 days!

Finally! I know where G-Town is now...[biggrin]

Don't worry, I had Queenscliff and Kingscliffe (spelling for both?) confused for 8 months! Where are you again?[roll]

Apparently in july I may also get temps of 13-15 deg...... as low temps!!!! I think my Lager brewing days are over till i can convince the wife that a brewing fridge is more important than food[lol] [lol]

HAHA, go jump into a puddle![tongue]

we have days with minimums of 2 and maximums of 3! they are the bad days, not the days where mins get to -9. You can generally expect a nice day after a big frost, might not be very warm, 13-17, but it will be a clear, still, sunny day. We are reknown for our breeze here in GTown!

[

HAHA, go jump into a puddle![tongue]

we have days with minimums of 2 and maximums of 3! they are the bad days, not the days where mins get to -9. You can generally expect a nice day after a big frost, might not be very warm, 13-17, but it will be a clear, still, sunny day. We are reknown for our breeze here in GTown!

I have an Aunty that lives in the GTOWN so i know what the weather is like!!! I grew up in Narromine where -5 is not unknown so i feel your pain

Archived