Coopers Community

stc1000 is done !!!!

IzacF

ok fellas ive built my stc1000 and its all wired up correctly (i hope). im abit confused as to the settings. im only going to use it for 18c brewing can someone tell me the f1 f2 f3 f4 settings please. thanx in advance ziggy

Sorry mate, I have a different unit so I can't help.

Good work setting it up; hopefully you survive when you flick the switch on [biggrin]

haha i flicked the switch on already and played round with the settings but i was abit confused as to the wording. ive got Nick going to text me what hes set his at

F1 is the brewing (or set) temp that the unit will maintain the brew at. To set this, you hold the S button until F1 comes up, then simultaneously hit the S and one of the up or down arrows until you reach desired temp. You can hold them to make it move quicker if you like.

F2 is the variance. i.e. how far up or down the temp goes before the STC kicks in the heating or cooling device to get it back to its set temp. It is set in the same way as F1. I set mine to 0.3C. So, brew temp 18, once it hits 18.3 it kicks the fridge in to bring it back to 18, and so on.

F3 is the compressor delay. It's set in minutes and also set using the same method as the other two. I have mine set to 3 minutes. Basically what it does is if the brew temp rises too quickly it won't kick the fridge back in again until that delay time has passed.

I hope that helps! [biggrin]

F1 is the brewing (or set) temp that the unit will maintain the brew at. To set this, you hold the S button until F1 comes up, then simultaneously hit the S and one of the up or down arrows until you reach desired temp. You can hold them to make it move quicker if you like.

F2 is the variance. i.e. how far up or down the temp goes before the STC kicks in the heating or cooling device to get it back to its set temp. It is set in the same way as F1. I set mine to 0.3C. So, brew temp 18, once it hits 18.3 it kicks the fridge in to bring it back to 18, and so on.

F3 is the compressor delay. It's set in minutes and also set using the same method as the other two. I have mine set to 3 minutes. Basically what it does is if the brew temp rises too quickly it won't kick the fridge back in again until that delay time has passed.

I hope that helps! [biggrin]

thankyou heaps Kelsey but what is f4 ??

Yeah, temperature calibration. I haven't had a need to change that yet. Sometimes I'll take a hydrometer sample and measure the temperature of it, the last two times I've done it it has been bang on.

I'd guess if you had it set to 18 but it was actually sitting at 19 you'd change that to 1C.. but I'm not sure if it would be -1 or +1. [unsure]

Yeah, temperature calibration. I haven't had a need to change that yet. Sometimes I'll take a hydrometer sample and measure the temperature of it, the last two times I've done it it has been bang on.

I'd guess if you had it set to 18 but it was actually sitting at 19 you'd change that to 1C.. but I'm not sure if it would be -1 or +1. [unsure]

its at default of O.O THINK ILL LEAVE IT THERE...IM NOT SURE ON THAT ONE YET???

damn !!!!sorry for yelling fellas lol

Archived